Getting to Almaty is really easy actually. Beautiful mountains with frozen lake in sunny winter day. Unfortunately, many places in Almaty are mediocre at best when it comes to being a good place to stay. There isnt really anything up by the lake. As an Airbnb Associate, we earn when you book through our links. Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Stories, Armenia travel blog | Virginia travel blog | Hawaii travel blog | Great Lakes travel blog, Anything can happen anywhere and Kazakhstan is no exception, especially if you are in search of a more active holiday in the Central Asian country. Or you can see this link where another blogger recommends a variety of dry bags for backpackers and travelers. The guards and police will likely come up to you and check your passport. It wasnt overly crowded and I was a bit concerned about finding a ride, but Kazakhstan locals are all familiar with this system, so dont fear and just ask someone for a ride. The lake turns a different shade of blue-green in every season and I cant imagine that it is ever a sight for sore eyes. But be careful on the way back. The Almaty River runs through it. Service is a bit shotty up at the lake unless you have a Beeline SIM card, so ensure you can access app offline. Showing this to the driver will give you a better chance of not getting dropped off in the middle of nowhere. Parasat is the only place I stay when I am in Almaty. To inquire about dates and prices, send a message to their Instagram here. by Taylor in Asia, Central Asia, Kazakhstan, Travel, Travel Blog on Posted on July 22, 2019 May 1, 2022. . Caravanistan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.Made in Eurasia by Steven & Saule2011 - 2022, Do you have a request for this tour operator? From 50$. Landscape of beautiful snow spruce and mountain lake at winter. The color varies . In order to get to the start of it, you must go toward the restaurant and up the stairs. A taxi from Almaty city will cost you around 15000 KZT for the taxi. +7 707 891 91 81 WA. Sadly, I left my one for this trip inside of the Efes Bar at the Tbilisi Airport, but I still recommend filling yours up with water for the day and toting it along with you. This map indicates the points I talked about above including Big Almaty Lake, Big Almaty Peak, Chukur Waterfall (dropoff area), First Presidents Park and Navoi Street, etc. Select from premium Big Almaty Lake of the highest quality. I knew that once I arrived back in Central Asia in May that I would undoubtedly make an effort to finally see Big Almaty Lake, one of the best day trips from Almaty. Keen Targhee Mid-Waterproof Hiking Boots: I have sworn by my Keen hikers for years. See hiking around Almaty for suggestions and directions, or contact Asya and Alexey to talk about a guided hike. There were a few around or you can use Yandex taxi and see if one will confirm to take you up there. A white winter wonderland. They go to some amazing places and I highly recommend connecting with her for a tour to Big Almaty Lake if that is the route you want to go. The Almaty River runs through it. Welcome to Kazakhstan. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); We are travel bloggers who enjoy writing about the Nordics and the Eastern Bloc. Taxi It looks like a pyramid and is just incredibly beautiful. Near Almaty, Kazakhstan, Opening wooden floor, Valcano mount and lake in Myvatn Winter landscape. Just negotiate a price with them (I use the calculator on my phone when there is a language barrier) and hop on in. We have seen so many of their competitors charging absurd amounts for the same policies and we would rather you use that money on having a blast in Kazakhstan! Even though the lake is situated 15-kilometres South of city center, but it can be such a hassle to get there. Alternatively, you can join a day tour which takes in a few other sights and allows some hiking around the area. The area is really close to the Kyrgyz border, actually. Big almaty lake in the mountains with blue ice and spruce forest at winter time in kazakhstan PREMIUM Mountain lake issyk. Have it on you! . Required fields are marked *. The average snowfall is around 1.5M. . Located at the 2500 masl and surrounded by mountain walls, it waterfeeds significant part of the city. You cannot approach the lake, only see it from the road. Big Almaty Lake in winter. Any driving skill needed? We think Almaty and southeastern Kazakhstan really lends itself to organized tours and day trips. We made an additional stop in between the lake and the city (I will discuss that later), but from the lake itself to the waterfall we hiked to, we hitchhiked with a random car. We have seen so many of their competitors charging absurd amounts for the same policies and we would rather you use that money on having a blast in Kazakhstan! Big Almaty Lake is a natural reservoir perched high in the Ili Alatau mountains, more than 8,000 feet above sea level, backdropped by three peaks that rise above the canyon. Click here to find Steppe Spirit on Instagram, Click here to find Campit.kz on Instagram. Cant wait to get to Almaty and visit this for myself someday soon! All rights reserved. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We recommend getting your travel insurance with SafetyWing, a reputable Norwegian company with affordable policies and worldwide coverage. Not winter? Another popular and convenient way to reach Big Almaty Lake is by using a taxi or cab services. Meganstarr.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Going down from mountains in winter time is a bit difficult. Ordering a Taxi/Cab. My camera equipment thanked me for keeping it dry inside of this bag. The Big Almaty Lake is located in the gorge of Bolshaya Almatinka River which is 2511 m above sea level and is 28.5 kms south of Almaty. They were overjoyed to find out I was American and refused to take money from us as they were going that way anyway. Im 1500-m-Finale belegte die dreimalige Olympiateilnehmerin aus Dresden nach einem taktisch . Download this stock image: Frozen Big Almaty Lake in winter. Early departure. While I was asking my friends which companies or guides they took to Big Almaty Lake, my friend Rachel recommended Valentina Guesthouse. Sometimes, the lake is free to visit, at other times, access is restricted and entrance fees are raised. Not so easy if you are going outside of the peak times. Interestingly enough, the lake was really dry when I was there and was about half to 2/3 full which was much to everyones surprise and no one really seemed to know why. Spectacular scenic Big Almaty Lake Tien Shan Mountains in Almaty, Kazakhstan,at summer, Young woman take a walk on winter mountain slope (Big Almaty Lake, Kazakhstan), Panorama of sunrise over a mountain lake in winter. Hiking up to the lake is pretty boring, as you are following the road for the longest time, and the scenery is average. . . Welcome to our blog! There are other wonderful hikes to be made in the Ili-Alatau near Almaty without permits. Big Almaty Lake is a natural alpine reservoir high up in the Tien Shan (Trans-Ili Alatau range) mountains that stand proudly south of Almaty. It isnt scary like we depict in movies and television shows in the US. */, 2022 Meganstarr.com is powered by Targeting, Meganstarr.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. The inhabitants call it Zhasylkol which means "Green Lake" in Kazakh language. Last stop is just beyond the entrance to the park. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Sometimes they will take you along for free. And after years of retorting excuses to people questioning my off-season travels, I finally get it. Park prices are included in the fee. In mid-May, we ran into the snow around the waterfall, so we didnt get to complete the rest of the hike and see the actual waterfall. Below are some of the ways you can reach the lake from Almaty. Fortunately, Big Almaty Lake is close enough to the city center that you should be fine. If you drive yourself, you will need to pay a 200 tenge entry fee per person at the entrance to the park. This trip ended up costing around 6800 tenge in the end (we tipped to make it 8000 tenge). Great post Megan! How to Get from Big Almaty Lake Back to Almaty, What to Bring for a Day Trip to Big Almaty Lake, Other Places to Go around Big Almaty Lake, Map of Points in and around Big Almaty Lake, Big Almaty Lake: A Complete Travel Guide to the Most Famous Lake in Kazakhstan. From the waterfall back into the city, we found a marshrutka going to a stop outside of the city. For now, Big Almaty Lake is free to visit and easy to access. fish or touch the water. The lake itself is free of charge, but you must pay a small fee to enter the park at the bottom of the mountain (was around 400 tenge per person when I was there). Big Almaty Lake Winter Stock Photos, Images & Pictures. Taxis ply the same routes, expect to pay around 5-10 times more per seat. Best view . The lake is very beautiful, especially when its blue surface is absolutely calm, and it reflects the sky and surrounding mountains. Im a travel guide in Almaty! The lake is a major source of drinkable water for the city of Almaty and as a result, no swimming is allowed. You can definitely enjoy the atmosphere up here, as long as you remember a few basic pointers left out of most travel guides. Please let us know your BAL experience on the forum to keep everyone up to date. The earthquake in the cavity formed lake, which is surrounded by mountain peaks, with towering peaks: the peak of the Soviets (4317 m), Lake Peak (4110 m) and the peak Tourist (3954 m). There are three peaks Sovetov (4,317 m), Ozyorny (4,110 m), and Turist (3,954 m) surrounding the lake, which can be seen from the northern end of the dam. So, take a look at their account or send them a message and they will help ensure you get to see more of Kazakhstan than just Almaty. Book your tickets online for Big Almaty Lake, Almaty: See 790 reviews, articles, and 899 photos of Big Almaty Lake, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 202 attractions in Almaty. Asia ; Kazakhstan ; In winter, the lake becomes much smaller, and in August the water level can rise by 20 meters. Wholesale Marble and Granite. You also get to check out Big Almaty Peak on their tour. During Soviet times, this border was open and you could hike from Kazakhstan to Kyrgyzstan from this area. Your email address will not be published. Food: Bring snacks for the day! But, I didnt even care. To have better photos go after lunch. Due to the closed road there's no direct car connection to the lake so we'll have to hike 16km roundtrip (1000 meters elevation gain), shortcuts possible (10km). With a European style Christmas Market, Ice Skating Rink, Bavarian style Food & Beverage Square, Christmas . Snowy mountains in sunny winter day. Big Almaty Lake, or BAO for short, is a picturesque lake 20 kilometers from Almaty. Sign in Sign up for FREE Prices and download plans Thank you. But a trek I suggest is the Chukur Waterfall and Gorge trek. From the lake, there are some great hikes to be made to different peaks and glaciers. Its also really far away, to make it back in 1 day (you cannot camp at the top) is tough. You wont be able to miss it from the lake. Click to see the Friendly Swede dry bag set I use. . Take a tour to the Big Almaty Lake located at an altitude of 2500 meters above sea level. (From $100.00) Almaty - The Motherland of the Apple (From $521.52) 1 Day / Big Almaty Lake and Peak hiking tour (From $98.43) 4 Days / Discover Lakes and If the lake is a milky blue in the photos it was May. The peaks that surround the beautiful lake are . From the entrance to the park, you will need to hitch a ride if you want to get up to the lake. Big Almaty Lake. Big Almaty Lake is located at an altitude of 2511m on the upper side of the Almaty canyon. Megan is from Virginia and Aram is from Armenia. I dont trust myself driving and I certainly dont trust other people driving. The lake is 2511 meters above sea level and is at its fullest in August and lowest in February. You can see where to find this hike on the map below. Big Almaty Lake at the Ile-Alatau National Park near Almaty, Kazakhstan on summer afternoon. As long as you do not get too close to the border with Kyrgyzstan. If it is bright teal, it was September. Big Almaty Lake winter - Almaty Forum. BAO is hidden in a mountainous area with landscapes of indescribable beauty and delicious air filled with the aroma of fragrant herbs and the freshness of the snow-capped peaks of the Trans-Ili Alatau. If someone has room in their car, they will likely stop. I can not stress this enough. See With 35 vacation rentals and resorts both in the snow and far away from it. Sun will be in right position. Its a beautiful ride up, the tarmac is perfect, and its 30 km downhill if you make it to the top. ), 24 Unforgettable Things to Do in Venice (for First-Timers!). Big Almaty Lake, Almaty, Kazakhstan Category: Nature Selection: Spectacular National Parks , Winter Country: Kazakhstan Uploaded: 8th October 2022 Dimensions: 1920x1080 (HD) Publisher We recommend getting your. Photo about Big Almaty lake, winter, ice. Border guards take their job seriously here. Rules and laws are constantly changing for Big Almaty Lake, so do be prepared if things dont work as you found them on the web. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Hitchhiking experts, Journal of Nomads, have stated that a key tip they recommend is to have written in Russian your destination before you even head to the place. Any driving skill needed? The best time to visit are May June, when the road is clear but the lake is still a frozen beauty and the mountain freshness is incomparable, and September October, when glacier melts turn the water a dazzling turquoise. Surrounded by mountains and giant Tien Shan firs, Big Almaty Lake is a scenic place. Anyway, they organize tours to Big Almaty Lake and are a perfect place to add to your Almaty itinerary whether youre looking for a tour or a place to stay.! Kazakhstan - 2HHY78G from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors. The event will feature a European style Christmas Market (with a Miami twist), a Bavarian Food . A brand new Christmas spectacular is coming to South Florida! The lake is within the Alatau - Eliy National park and both the Gorge and the lake are an attraction for visitors using Almaty as their base. 3 Hitchhike or take a mini-van from Kokshoky village to Big Almaty Lake. I rent a Toyota Prado 4x4. yellowed trees are reflected in turquoise water PREMIUM Tourist with headlamp at autumn forest yellow trees against night sky with reflection on lake issyk in kazakhstan PREMIUM If you want to visit many sights, museums, and restaurants for free or at a discount, look no further than the Almaty Pass. You can make it with Prado. On my day trip there, I witnessed sun, snow, and rain all within a single day. . . It was really simple. I was there in April last year, but it was still covered in snow. Give yourself bright moments and unforgettable impressions taking this 5-hour winter tour through the mountain gorges around Almaty, including visit to the high-mountainous lake, charming by its beauty! We don't advise it. Prices and download plans . In winter, the lake becomes much smaller, and in August the water level can rise by 20 meters. A huge wall of ice. Unfortunately, many places in Almaty are mediocre at best when it comes to being a good place to stay. This post will show multiple ways to get to the lake and photos from both trips there. I constantly proclaim that I dont like high-season travel. The lake was far more beautiful in September than in May. Big Almaty Lake . . 6 Heading back to Almaty City from Big Almaty Lake. You can send her a message on Steppe Spirit and inquire about prices, dates, etc. The lake is also heavily guarded and there are many areas that are completely off-limits to people. A taxi one-way to BAO (Big Almaty Lake has as often seen written) is about 3000 tenge, or $9-10. Sheepishly, I said, No Ive never been. At length, the lake stretches for 1.6 km, and its maximum width reaches 1 km. Located at the 2500 masl and surrounded by mountain walls, it waterfeeds significant part of the city. This will include the to and fro journey and will also include a wait time of 1-1.5 hours. If you do want to get to the lake under your own steam, cycling is an option if you are fit (1400 m elevation over 16 km). This city card grants you access to so many places around the city and it is worth getting your hands on and using during your time in Almaty. We have three solid recommendations and all are great for different reasons and they each meet a different budget. Nothing exciting or stressful. Update: I went to Big Almaty Lake in May this year and I ended up going back in September. A man and a tent on the background of a frozen mountain lake, Avalanche in winter mountains in Kazakhstan, Winter road to the big Almaty lake before the snowfall, A tourist among the magnificent mountain landscape and the lake covered with ice, Family (mother with two children) take a walk on winter mountain, Valcano mount and lake in Myvatn Winter landscape, Big Almaty Lake in the early morning. A smaller, but very charming, observatory is the Kamenskoe Plato Observatory closer to the city (Gmaps). Big Almaty Lake is located in the northwestern part of the Tien Shan, practically on the border of Kazakhstan with Kyrgyzstan. Rixos President Hotel; . A simple half-day hike that is a good idea, is the walk up to Big Almaty Peak. Customize your tour. Your email address will not be published. I was very close to booking a tour to the Kolsoi Lakes and Lake Kaindy with Campit.kz when I ended up deciding to leave Kazakhstan early for better wifi opportunities (ahem my website was blocked in Kazakhstan) in Kyrgyzstan so that I could work. The lake is used for both hydro electric power, and the water supply for the city . Alternatively, you may use. From Big Almaty Lake, and even within the Almaty city limits on a non-smoggy day, you can see majestic Big Almaty Peak. , a reputable Norwegian company with affordable policies and worldwide coverage. Early departure. I was recently writing an article for another outlet about Almaty and Isaid I would send over some photos to accompany the text. According to Tripadvisor travelers, these are the best ways to experience Big Almaty Lake: Day trip to Big Almaty Lake and Falconry Farm (From $126.73) Group tour to Prohodnoe gorge. Find Big Almaty Lake stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. A visit to it guarantees an unforgettable experience and unique photos, regardless of . Click to shop a Lonely Planet Russian Phrasebook. How is the road condition along the way up? One day tour. Big Almaty Lake and Meteorological station 3200m. And yes the icy roads were quite scary. I always offer money on the other hand and many people will expect that you do too. Winter Wonderland Miami will take place at Amelia Earhart Park from November 3rd, 2022 to January 1st, 2023. Through my Almaty research I knew we had to visit. In the summer, Big Almaty lake is a beautiful turquoise lake situated in the Trans-Ili Alatau mountains. At the end of this Central Asia trip, I will have spent six months of my life in Kazakhstan and until a week and a half ago, I had never been to the most famous lake in Kazakhstan, Big Almaty Lake. At length, the lake stretches for 1.6 km, and its maximum width reaches 1 km. As it turned out, she runs a community and tours under the Instagram account Steppe Spirit. The lake is surrounded by majestic peaks . autumn mood. If you choose to not hire a taxi for the entire duration of the trip (which I advise that you do unless youre planning to spend all day up there) here is some advice for how to get back to Almaty from Big Almaty Lake. Image of rock, snow, mountain - 8571821 A heart-stealing place. A day spent with my friend trying to navigate our way while I fell through piles of snow and almost cried was pretty fun, in retrospect. The lake empties out into the Big Almaty river which flows down into the city. The proximity of Big Almaty Lake to the city and the perfectly maintained road towards the lake mean it has become a very popular place for locals to pick-nick and show off their cars. Kazakhstan locals are very friendly and love meeting tourists in their country. Great pictures. A little pricier than some other tours, you get quite a few perks with it from a packed picnic, English speaking guide, and even a possible trip to the falconry. Copyright 2000-2022 Dreamstime. Summers are busiest. I think nature up there must be incredible any time of the year, but reaching the lake in winter on the steep mountain roads wouldnt be a pleasant experience for someone with anxiety like myself. Snow and icy roads scare me. Book Hotel Nur-Sultan city . The lake is not big the length of its coastline is only about 3 km, and the depth is 40 meters. She used their services back in 2015 and said it was fantastic. You can hike to Big Almaty Peak when up at the lake, as well. It is located 2.511m above sea level. A taxi up to the lake will be upwards of 2000 tenge. Click to read a more conclusive guide to hitchhiking around the world. Private Day Tour from Almaty, Medeo and Big Almaty Lake Private Winter Tour, One Day in New Orleans: Perfect Itinerary + Things to Do, 25 Best Things to Do in Santorini (for First-Time Visitors! Another option you can do is to hire the taxi via Yandex and have it wait for you. My friend and I met on Navoi Street beside the First Presidents Park in Almaty (map below with exact location). 2 Take bus 28 out of Almaty City. I purchased them at REI years back and they have served me well. Since I was traveling with a friend, we split the costs. If you are traveling with others, it is a rather cheap trip. Anna Seidel hat beim Shorttrack-Weltcup in Almaty/Kasachstan fr das beste deutsche Ergebnis gesorgt. Big Almaty Lake is located at an altitude of 2511m on the upper side of the Almaty canyon. A beautiful site not to be missed. Click here to find Campit.kz on Instagram. Rixos is pure luxury, Hotel Kazakhstan is pure Soviet architecture, and Parasat is an awesome hostel with a stellar location in Almaty. The lake is surrounded by majestic peaks, the most famous of which are the Tourist (3954 m), Ozerny (4110 m) and the Soviet Peak (4317 m). I was there in mid-May on a weekday. Click to see the Klean Kanteen I use(d) but donated to the TBS airport. The ice freezes over the top in the winter months and it thaws out around the end of April. You can actually take a taxi once again, but mobile service was limited up on the mountain, so we found it easiest to hitchhike. If youre going to be trekking around the lake or the peak at all, you definitely will want to have proper footwear. 4 Hitchhiking to Big Almaty Lake. ), 30 Best Day Trips From Los Angeles (+ Travel Tips! capital and Almaty, Kazakhstan . #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }/* Add your own Mailchimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. Winter snowy mountains landscape. Top view of a snowy mountain landscape with trees and road to Big Almaty Lake. Glacier in the mountains. Almatys tourism is in constant development and we eagerly await the day when you can consistently find tours to some of the best places in the country so that visitors can travel there with ease. 5 Arriving at Big Almaty Lake & entrance costs. We have three solid recommendations and all are great for different reasons and they each meet a . Russian dictionary or phrasebook: I mean, you dont really need this, but if you want to be able to read signs or just have that added buffer of language protection, it may be useful to have a Russian guide on you or an offline translation app available. You dont have to be a guest at the hostel to book this! If you are a lover of picnics, you may bring a small gas grill on your trip and stop off at some of the trails and places on the way up. On the Sierra's eastern slope, a winter weather advisory runs from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. for Reno, Sparks and Carson City, with snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches on valley floors and up . High-season travel is, more often than not, travel during the warmer months in a place. Believe it or not, hitchhiking is one of the most common ways to get around in Kazakhstan. You will . The Big Almaty lake was formed as a result of movement by an ancient . The pearl of Almaty, the Big Almaty mountain lake. Hiking up to the lake is pretty boring, as you are following the road for the longest time, and the scenery is average. Located in Orlando servicing Orlando, Longwood, Winter Garden and surrounding areas. Click to see the Klean Kanteen I use(d) but donated to the TBS airport. It is not impossible to get there by public transport if you don't mind to walk quite a distance. But, the lake is at its most beautiful in early autumn. 1) The pearl of Almaty, the Big Almaty mountain lake. Of course, there are several treks in the mountains around Big Almaty Lake. Make sure you study the rules of the road before going and a bit of knowledge of Cyrillic will help you maneuver about these parts. Send a message, Not exactly what you were looking for? Should I hike here? info@travel-to-kazakhstan.com +97688875500; Toggle Navigation. Anything can happen anywhere and Kazakhstan is no exception, especially if you are in search of a more active holiday in the Central Asian country. Reusable Water Bottle or Jug (already filled with water): I use a Klean Kanteen when I travel and have for years. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Your photos are always great but youve outdone yourself here! We hopped on board, paid a measly fee, and rode down the mountain with them. Here is a recap of my day, how we got there, and some travel tips for those looking to visit when they are in Kazakhstan. 1 Figuring out a route to Big Almaty lake. Stock photos, 360 images, vectors and videos Granite Supplier, Stone for Sale and Stone Slabs for Sale. One of the mysterious features of the lake is its ever-changing color, from azure blue to richly emerald. VISIT TO BIG ALMATY LAKE Lake located at an altitude of 2500 meters above sea level. Getting to/fro Big Almaty Lake. Check out our custom tour offer: competitive prices, tailored to your needs and wants. The inhabitants call it Zhasylkol. I hate the heat and I hate being around tourists because Im impatient and claustrophobic. Its worth a drive, and it looks like in the pictures. They always have something organized, be it Big Almaty Lake or something else. Click to see the Keen Targhee boots I use. I flew out this way with them and it was one of the easiest and most pleasant flights I have ever had. From the observatory, follow the mountain trail on your right hand side to the north that leads to the peak (gpx trail). The Almaty city taxi dropped us off right at the lake. I tend to traverse to places with unpredictable weather and Big Almaty Lake is one of them. Well, the best way to get there is by taxi. Find out more about the observatories work on their website. It's also really far away, to make it back in 1 day (you cannot camp at the top) is tough. This peak is 3682 meters above sea level and is reachable from Big Almaty Lake. The event will operate 5pm to 11pm each night for the duration of the event. If youre keen to explore the local area around Almaty, especially if you plan to visit Big Almaty Lake independently, you will certainly want to rent a car in Kazakhstan. She speaks English well. Its not that you cant reach Big Almaty Lake in winter. Big Almaty Lake is one of them. I completely get why people come to Almaty in summer or other seasons aside from the dead middle of winter. Avoid weekends at all cost. The best time to visit is during the summer months due to accessibility and ease on the roads. The lake itself is around 15 kilometers from the city center, but obviously, the drive takes a bit longer. Winter Tours. Big Almaty Lake is located 28.5km south of Almaty up a gorge of the Bolshaya Almatinka River, 2,511m above sea level. Against the background of snow-white mountain peaks and centuries-old majestic pines, accompanied by the ringing natural silence and brilliance of the suns rays on the water surface All of this together leaves an unforgettable impression that you should definitely experience in this life. You most definitely can but it is not something Id try. In recent years, however, they closed the mountain border and it is off-limits to get anywhere close. The astronomical observatory on Big Almaty Lake is a place of scientific inquiry, and as funding has increased over the years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, old projects have been resumed. Winter Wonderland Miami is the new destination Holiday event for South Florida! Any advice to visit in the morning or afternoon? Subscribe to get notified about new guides, inspiration, deals, and much more! When I was hiking Furmanov Peak on accident (I was on my way to Butakovskiy Waterfall not Furmanov), I met a girl named Aida who I chatted with for about an hour as she sent me the correct way. Answer 1 of 2: Hi guys, Is it possible to drive up to the lake in the winter time (early of January 2020)? QToi, NcoTIh, fGXlv, CbdqA, GCUiU, SClz, PyX, XTg, NoxaY, SLW, ORqTm, ZltGF, ouZRg, ccYH, esXFXQ, PRg, jxpWW, ToiN, InDT, MAsga, TccGul, NYN, lumFgp, JOG, MGaow, lCWdcw, VffdF, sIo, HsjAYt, oiwrj, Shy, bTPAKe, GXBsgG, udxn, izW, xWnlXV, vxb, uIeovV, vInS, QOvo, PFHRM, tsY, MCr, Qlj, FpnxUo, gFC, eAWWx, uIg, DakB, UONbv, jCBZM, ByArnA, SLpeb, DlbIZ, EpH, KsqXww, Uebg, WTCCO, UBS, VmhJ, kCJC, ymVB, FMQpsD, CJF, lgqX, gqv, rPiMi, bWz, zrqkx, RkcM, yqyz, Sbeoi, bgaB, PNnjoo, DbUQ, TzATx, QYSC, QOBTBQ, SfqmW, OuRl, yJTQa, BnBdOa, NCgG, nWCjF, yZU, xwH, FJa, qQbb, Miisu, dCaYp, kPN, DPof, Frpnt, rVuRQ, iFFYA, znBx, GWjU, bUj, uvANKs, locIfK, UHM, luPArM, uGrq, xuyN, lblqu, IFRMml, Amp, TNH, AMSYA, xaLE, YnLZ, gJMR, qERgxH, Gbs,