How to make Vegan Red Lentil Sweet Potato Curry: Combine the lentils with 2 cups (600ml) of the water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Do not let ginger-garlic brown. With its orange colour, it also looks good! Last, deglaze the pot with broth and coconut milk. Hi, John, Thanks so very much and glad you enjoyed! "Excellent recipe! Add the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, vegetable broth, soy sauce, coconut sugar and lime juice and bring to a slight boil on medium-high heat, mixing occasionally. The starches in the sweet potato will also help thicken the curry. This veggie curry recipe will quickly become part of your family meal rotation as it is so easily adaptable to whatever veggies you have to hand. Not even a thing in this curry. With a simple method and using only common ingredients, this recipe is perfect for lunch or a quick weekday dinner. SUBSTITUTIONS: Almost any vegetable can be used in this curry. Please leave a comment, star rating or post your photo on Instagram and tag @fromachefskitchen. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, about 2 . A little spinach for green + a can of chickpeas and were in the curry business. This soup is one of our favourite easy weeknight dinners alongside my One-Pot Vegan Miso Ramen recipe. Yum! It's the perfect, satisfying veggie-packed meal that delivers comfort in every bite. Stir spinach, cilantro and lime juice into curry until spinach is wilted. Its rich, its creamy, its spicy, all the GOOD things you love about curry. vegetarian and vegan. That kicked it up a lot and made the flavor much deeper. ___. In a pot over medium heat, heat sesame oil. Directions Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Each serving of this sweet potato curry has 250 calories. Thanks again! Just made this - thought it was really good. Ha! By SarahOn October 12, 2020 | Updated: August 25, 2022. This tasty vegan Thai Red Curry with sweet potato is super easy and comforting. Hi, Ruth, Thanks so much for your question. Re-lid and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked. Step 3. . Delish! How much you add is up to you. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in cubes (about 2 cups sweet potatoes) 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger 4 cloves garlic, minced 3 tablespoons red curry paste 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained Salt and pepper to taste Sign Up! Pat chicken thighs dry and season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Make-ahead! Thanks to the other comments, I doubled the amount of curry paste but did green curry paste for the second one. Nigella adds fresh mango cubes (or canned pineapple) at the end. Then pour in the coconut milk, half fill the tin with cold water and add to the pan. In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk with curry paste over low heat. Join the FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN MAILING LIST to get all the latest posts and more! Add ginger, garlic, red curry paste, sriracha, lemongrass, cayenne, and coriander. , Your email address will not be published. I could have licked the pot clean. Puree the chillies, lemon grass, ginger and garlic with 2 tablespoons of oil in a food processor until you have a chunky puree. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if needed. If you want to add some snap peas or mangetout, dont add them from the beginning. Question - would I be able to sub the canned tomatoes with fresh tomatoes? Add the coconut milk, tomatoes and vegetable broth. Serve in bowls over rice or wide rice noodles, garnished with chopped cilantro. What a dream to live in Thailand! Mix well. Im going to try to convert to instant Pot. It's a great recipe for using up veggies, we had some leftover kale in the last one we made too. Cook for 3 minutes until peppers begin to soften. Vary the veggies and add tofu or chickpeas for protein if you like. Required fields are marked *. Serve immediately with fresh chopped basil on top. Instructions. You have to do something with them or else! Add the mashed sweet potato, beans, lime juice, almond butter, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons (30g) hot water, curry paste, basil, coriander, and salt to a food processor; process for 3 to 4 minutes or until very smooth. Add the shredded carrots and cook, stirring regularly, for 4-5 minutes. The flavors that were able to develop in this curry in only ONE hour is a little unreal. Season with salt and pepper. In a medium pot, combine quinoa and 3 cups water. Print Ingredients 1 tablespoons coconut oil (or any oil really) 1 large shallots, chopped (or 2 small) 2-2 cups diced butternut squash (about 1.5 pounds) 1 tablespoon grated ginger 2-3 tablespoons red curry paste tablespoon yellow curry powder Thai Red Curry with Sweet Potatoes Warm and spicy, a bowl of creamy Thai curry is a simple, comforting meal in a bowl, and an easy way to eat your veggies too. Add the ginger, lemongrass paste and Thai red curry paste to the pot and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Lets talk about the best vegetarian curry you will EVER have in your life. Now weve finally got a Thai curry recipe on the blog, and its a red Thai sweet potato curry! Salting as you go is a great tip! I have already done this as its cooking right now lol, but just wanted to get your input. Your email address will not be published. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Print Ingredients 1 pound sweet potatoes 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs 2 tablespoons red curry paste 1 teaspoon vegetable oil 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk My family loves this recipe! While we prefer the more aromatic basmati rice, the type most often used in Thai cuisine is Jasmine rice. Creamy Thai curry sweet potato soup is full of nourishing ingredients including red lentils, sweet potatoes and coconut milk that will fill you up while keeping things healthy. Add some carrots, cauliflower or broccoli. Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. This Vegan Thai Red Curry recipe is spicy, delicious, healthy and versatile! Add the onions and peppers and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve, or cover and . Will take 2 to 3 minutes. Charred Sweet Corn Zucchini Coconut Curry, Roasted Red Pepper Penne alla Vodka with Sausage, Creamy sweet potatoes, tender chickpeas, and wilted spinach, A rich, spicy coconut sauce with plenty of zip from the red Thai curry paste, All this curry goodness piled high over the curry essentials: fluffy jasmine rice with cilantro + lime. Vegetables in Thai Red Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles, Thai Red Curry Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes. To a large skillet, add the oil, onion, and saut over medium-high heat until the onion begins to soften, about 5 to 7 minutes; stir intermittently. REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS: Can be reheated in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop. (The potatoes should be close to done.). Prepared this last night to serve for dinner tonight! It's normal for some oil to separate out and float on top of the curry. Here are 3 key items. Scrape the sides and process again. Preheat oven to 400 and prepare chicken. A vegan red curry can be reheated in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop. At this time, add the fish sauce and stir. Add all the spinach to the pot, but do not mix. Glad you enjoyed! (I lived in Thailand for 14 years and the paste is often green, red, or even yellow). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep in mind, however, you'll be paying extra for the convenience. Mix coconut milk mixture, half the sugar, half the butter and salt into potatoes. We make a LOT of curries around here and you know that means the latest one is going to be the current obsession. Swap out the cauliflower for broccoli, sweet potatoes for the Yukons, baby kale for spinach, etc. Thanks so much for sharing! Add the carrots, red bell pepper and potatoes and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often so the potatoes don't stick to the pan. Satay sweet potato curry recipe | BBC Good Food Cook this tasty vegan curry for an easy family dinner. Stir in the garlic and ginger, red curry paste, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar. Hi, Erin, Thanks so very much and glad you all enjoyed! Thank you! It combines the flavors and textures of Thai red curry and red lentil dhal and comes together in just one pot! Instructions. Add coconut milk, lime . This is vegan and there is no cholesterol in any non animal products. Heat cooking oil in a Dutch oven or large, deep skillet. Add the cauliflower florets. Step 3 - Add all other ingredients, bring to a gentle simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes. Thanks again and hope you enjoy!! Add the onions, reduce the heat and cook until they've softened up. Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. The dish is then balanced out with some soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar to get that yummy combination of sweet, sour and salty-umami. We add it in a little at a time and taste as we go. This was delicious! the brand of curry paste, the type of soy sauce, the vegetable brothetc.) My husband loves coconut, so this was a no-brainer. Being an experienced cook I modify this a little bit but I must tell you it was absolutely excellent the base is a great idea I fire roasted in a cast iron pan some cherry tomatoes which I ever so gently cascaded on top as opposed to mixing in I opted the ginger and the fish sauce but it's absolutely fabulous thank you so much for this recipe. Once boiling, add the vermicelli and boil for 2-3 minutes, or just until tender. Be sure to follow along onPinterest,InstagramandFacebookfor even more deliciousness! Thanks again! As the curry cooks down it will begin to thicken. You'll find the full recipe below, but here's a quick visual guide on how to cook this vegan Thai red curry in just 3 easy steps! Add the garlic, ginger, coriander, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant; stir frequently. Add garlic, ginger, and onion, and saut until translucent. , Hi, great recipe but just wondering if you mean red Thai curry paste? Cook the lentils for 13 to 15 minutes, or until they are al dente, stirring once halfway through the cooking time. Depending on the type of coconut milk you use, your finished curry may separate more or less. About 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add in coconut milk, broth (or water), soy sauce, juice of lime, ground turmeric, ground coriander and salt. Step 3 - Add all other ingredients, bring to a gentle simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine coconut milk, red curry paste, lime juice and cup water. Add the sweet potato, red pepper and coconut milk, gently bring to a simmer and stir in the salt, sugar, soy sauce and lime juice. Toss it around in the vegetables until just fragrant. Aromatic yellow curry mild spiced with sweet potato, onion. Drain and add of the cooked beans to the curry. Please let me know how it works in your slow cooker; I haven't tested it that way yet. Then I added the curry paste, and it was even better! Step 1. Allow it to simmer for about 15 minutes until sweet potatoes are fork tender. Peel skin off and chop into 1 inch cubes. We donate 10% of our profits to support good causes. 2 sweet potatoes , peeled and diced (about 3 cups) 15 ounces diced tomatoes , one can 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth 2 teaspoon sea salt , divided teaspoon black pepper cup smooth natural peanut butter cup lite coconut milk 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Juice of 1 lime 3 cups cooked jasmine rice , or rice of choice Step 4 Add chile, if desired, and. Stir in the curry paste and fry for another minute. Bring curry to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer 20-25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened. Add the curry paste and coriander stalks and cook,. Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Total Time: 50 mins Course: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish Cuisine: Thai-Inspired Diet Vegan Serve on its own or over rice. Instead, cook them in the curry for just a few minutes towards the end of the cooking time, so they retain some of their crisp freshness. Ingredients Units Scale 1 tablespoon oil 2 shallots, thinly sliced 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 3 - 4 cups fresh baby spinach 2 - 3 tablespoons curry paste (see notes) 1 14 - ounce can regular coconut milk Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, chile and turmeric, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. When the skillet is hot add in the cut up chicken. Cook another 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and potatoes are easily pierced with a knife. Add onion and salt, and cook, stirring . In a small cup or bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, and remaining 1 of teaspoon of salt. $18.00. Thanks again and hope you enjoy! Then add the red curry paste and peanut butter. Maesri brand red curry paste IS vegan so you can use it here or in all your vegan recipes. This Thai Red Curry is a simple dish that does not require any elaborate equipment or appliances. !Curry. How To Make Thai Sweet Potato Curry Recipe (With Step By Step Pictures) Scrub and rinse sweet potato. I have it on rotation for my monthly meals. : ). Add the sweet potato, onion, garlic, coconut oil, red Thai curry paste, chopped tomatoes, peanut butter, and chickpeas to the slow cooker. Stir to coat the pieces and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes more. Turn off heat. Let cool slightly. Added courgette that needed using up and it was lovely. Once hot, add the curry paste, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. You buy a bunch of vegetables that look so beautiful and so fresh and then Gasp! As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. I prepped it up to step #4, planning to add cilantro, spinach and lime tonight. Add the curry paste, peanut butter and chilli flakes and mix together. If your Thai Sweet Potato Curry isnt flavorful, try adding another tablespoon of curry paste and some more soy sauce if its lacking salt. Add chicken broth and stir to dissolve paste. Heat oil in a large pot on the stove-top over medium heat. If you like a bit more heat to your curries, you can add some Sriracha on top or use a less mild curry paste. Home Recipes Vegetarian / Vegan Entrees. Add coconut milk and chili. Some curry pastes are vegan, and some are not. Cut chicken into 2 inch (5 cm) pieces. Hi, Julia, Thanks so much for your question. Mixed Entres (5 Pcs) 1 x Spring Roll, 1 x Curry Puff, 1 x Money Bag, 1 x Chicken Satay, 1 x Fish Cake. - + Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium onion (diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1 tablespoon ginger (finely grated) 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste Rinse the rest of the beans in cold water, cover and keep in the fridge to serve with the soup on day 6. As an alternative to rice, try some noodles. We hope you like this easy Thai red curry recipe! Yes, the curry paste is key. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Instructions. Thanks again! In Thailand, the most commonly used sweetener is palm sugar. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container / jar for weeks or can be frozen. The bulk of the curry is sweet potato, with a side kick of red pepper. Add in chopped sweet potato, curry paste and peanut butter, stirring to coat and cook for about 2 minutes. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thai Sweet Potato Carrot Soup: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Instructions. Serve curry warm over jasmine rice with additional cilantro and lime wedges. Ther are curry pastes are made with shrimp paste in them, so its important to check the label to see if it contains that ingredient. Homemade golden puff pastry with potato, peas, corn and Thai spices. 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato about 1 medium potato 1 cup sliced red pepper 2 tbsp red curry paste I like Thai Gourmet brand tbsp chopped fresh ginger root 4 cups vegetable broth 1 1 can light coconut milk 1 can (16 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice 1 tsp lime zest 1 tbsp chopped cilantro Just keep in mind that this will give you a curry that isnt as creamy. Cook for a minute or so until seafood is cooked through. The Maesri red curry paste label states the following ingredients: Chili pepper, garlic, shallot, salt, lemongrass, sugar, kaffir lime, galangal and spices (coriander seed, cumin and cardamom). Can you give me an approximation of how much "fish" sauce you use? Serve as is or over rice and top with crushed peanuts and cilantro. This Instant Pot Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup is made with wholesome ingredients like red lentils and sweet potatoes and is incredibly creamy and aromatic. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad1e9e792f41dd5830b827ac5ffe013f" );document.getElementById("ca20191786").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); We're Sophie & Paul and its our mission to inspire you with our delicious and easy vegan recipes and help you on your plant-based journey. Just make sure you get vegan noodles without eggs. Just remember to shake/stir the can well before using to incorporate the thick cream at the top. You can cook it with store bought red Thai curry paste, or use homemade curry paste if youre adventurous! Next, start cooking the Thai Red Curry by sauting the eggplant and onion in a bit of coconut oil to soften, then add the sweet peppers. Stir. Fantastic to hear! Bring it just to a low boil and remove from heat. I realized I dont have any on me and fresh tomatoes were all I had. I almost followed this recipe, and it was delicious! 2 medium sweet potatoes 9about 4 cups) peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces 1/3 cup Thai red curry paste 3/4 cup vegetable broth 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed 1 (13 ounce) can full fat coconut milk 4 cups packed spinach (could sub kale) 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 lime) 2 tablespoons coconut aminos If you are big curry fans like us, you might also enjoy these other vegan curries: This information is calculated per serving and is an estimate only. 2. Enjoy! Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender. While the soup is simmering, bring a small pot of water to a boil for the vermicelli. Thanks! Hi, Christina, Thanks so very much and glad you enjoyed! Instructions. Add lime juice and adjust for salt. This Thai red curry potato lentil soup is the ultimate comforting dinner on a cold day. Taste first, and see if it needs fish sauce and sugar. If you enjoyed this recipe let us know by leaving a star rating along with your comment. Its subtle, natural sweetness melts together beautifully with the Thai curry flavours. Add the carrots, red bell pepper and potatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often so the potatoes don't stick to the pan. Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, soy sauce, coconut sugar and lime juice and bring to a slight boil. Add more protein to this curry by adding one cup of chickpeas. Hi, Anabel, Thanks so very much and thanks for your question! Versatile! Like, so so good. Add in the garlic, ginger, red curry paste and sriracha (or chile paste) and saut another 1-2 minutes. Add your broth and salt, cover and bring to a boil. Choosing Chia is a blog all about healthy vegetarian recipes that are easy to follow, taste delicious and focus on wholesome ingredients. Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. Add vegetable stock, soy sauce and coconut milk and stir together. See the recipe card below for the exact quantities. Vegetables in Thai Red Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles Butternut Squash in Fresh Green Curry Thai Red Curry Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes More flavor-packed vegan dinners: Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos with Chipotle Lime Slaw Vegan Indian Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry Cauliflower Red Lentil and Potato Curry Curried Roast Vegetables Add onion, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Add 1 cup of the coconut milk and cook for 1 minute, then add sweet potatoes. Add the chicken and cook until lightly brown. Fried briefly with the garlic and ginger it forms the flavour base the curry builds on. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad07c44a84c7c7e0d9282fb736bccc33" );document.getElementById("g0dc893a6c").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. At first, it tasted tomato soup-like, but then I added a ton of red pepper flakes, cilantro, basil, and one jalapeo. Stir into mixture. I'm in the process of converting all my recipes to a different recipe program for this very reason. Minus the meat, plus extra veggies. Zucchini Quiche with Feta Cheese and Brown Rice Crust, Summer Squash Casserole with Green Chiles, Cheesy Brussels Sprouts and Wild Rice Casserole, Braised Beef Short Ribs with Cauliflower Leek Puree, Boneless Beef Short Ribs Bourguignon (Slow Cooker Recipe), Slow Cooker Honey Ham with Pineapple Salsa, Chicken Pinot Noir with Wild Mushrooms and Fresh Basil, Walnut-Crusted Chicken with Pomegranate Sauce, Roasted Hasselback Beets with Dill Dressing, Spiced Red Wine Poached Pears with Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream, Traditional Hungarian Goulash Soup Recipe, Very Veggie Gazpacho (The Best Vegetable Gazpacho), Stout Braised Beef Short Ribs and Colcannon, Braised Pork Loin Roast in Dijon Mustard Sauce, Mississippi Boneless Short Ribs Without Packaged Mixes, Southwestern Turkey Butternut Squash and Black Bean Stew (Slow Cooker Recipe), Italian Pot Roast (Stracotto) and Oven-Baked Gorgonzola Polenta, Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts Goat Cheese and Honey Balsamic Dressing, Spicy Shrimp and Grits Casserole with Gouda Cheese, Roasted Poblano Corn and Potato Chowder with Bacon and Gouda Cheese. There are only two simple steps involved in whipping this curry dip up. By Carol Published: Oct 11, 2022 Modified: Oct 13, 2021 | This post may contain affiliate links. If you dont like too much spice, start with less curry paste and you can always add more later. Add lime juice and sugar (optional). These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. SECOND Add the sweet potato and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and process until it's smooth and creamy. Serve the sweet potato curry with brown rice or cauliflower rice. ", TABLE OF CONTENTS (Click the Icon to Expand). Lower the heat to low, then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Time to build the sauce base! Remove from heat and mix in the spinach. If you happen to have some leftover coconut milk, why not make some coconut rice? Add chicken and sear over fairly high heat until lightly browned. Keep a container of red curry paste in your fridge - it lasts forever - and this will become a favorite go-to meal. BTW for those of us who are limiting our use of oil, i find its perfectly acceptable to use a little water in the pan to saut the onions rather than oil. We freeze leftovers in containers for my husband to take out of town for work. Or pound in a mortar and pestle. I added tofu. Cook until sweet potato noodles are soft but not breaking apart. Chop it up into small bites and they will be soft after simmering. Then add the broth, sweet potatoes, lentils and tomatoes. For serving, garnish on the plate with chopped or finely sliced spring onion, red chili, fresh Thai basil, mint or coriander leaves. 200 g jasmine rice 400 ml boiling water Salt to taste 1 tablespoon wok oil, olive oil or coconut oil 300 g sweet potato peeled and cut into 1 cm / inch cubes 1 red or yellow (bell) pepper diced 100 g baby sweetcorn sliced 3 tablespoons red Thai curry paste (I used Thai Taste) 400 ml tin of coconut milk (See Note 1) 100 g mangetouts Juice of 1 lime Add green onions and saute for 3 minutes. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Top with crushed peanuts and cilantro. Plus the starches will likely thicken the sauce a bit. In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil. Stir spinach, cilantro and lime juice into curry until spinach is wilted. I made double quantities. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Yes, you can freeze it, but with all those vegetables, it could be watery after thawing it out. Thai Red Curry with Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes This quick meal is naturally dairy-free! For our wedding party we cooked up a huge batch of Thai green curry, for which we also made the curry paste ourselves. Instead of the lime, you can use lemon. Cook another 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and potatoes are easily pierced with a knife. Healthy! The hubby loves it and everyone who has tried it is a huge fan. $14.90. I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Let it cook over medium heat till the spinach wilts. Add the onion and sweet potato and saut for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is soft and clear, 12-15 minutes. 3. for email updates and to get your copy of our Top 5 Vegan Recipes. And wow that is very cool! So when you say it contains cholesterol, that simply cannot be accurate. If you love Thai food and want a quick, healthy dinner, this Sweet Potato Curry recipe is the answer. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi there, I just made this dish and it turned out delicious!! While the rice is cooking, begin to make the curry by heating a large skillet with deep sides over medium heat. Third, put some Jasmine rice on to cook. All Rights Reserved. Add the cubed sweet potatoes and homemade red curry paste, give it a quick stir and add the vegetable stock to this. I recommend serving this curry piping hot over a tall mound of fluffy jasmine rice. Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Hi Matthew, yes red curry paste is best but you can use any type, it will still be delicious! Your email address will not be published. Bake potatoes on sheet pan until very soft, about 75 minutes. 1. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Heat oil over medium heat. 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. There are many different ways you can serve this Sweet Potato Curry. Here youll find easy, step-by-step chef-tested gourmet recipes for today's home cook! Heat a wide heavy pot over medium-high heat. Thai Sweet Potato Coconut Red Curry This vegan sweet potato curry is a hearty plant-based meal that's healthy, flavorful, comforting, and filling. Mix in the curry paste and peanut butter, then add in cubed sweet potatoes and mix together again. Reading the comments above I truly think that lightly salting a couple of vegetable layers will provide the necessary flavor impact but taste as you go. You can also use coconut sugar, honey, agave, maple syrup or even just regular table sugar. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan and add the curry paste. Taste and add more salt, if desired. Serving - Let sweet potato curry cool 10 minutes before serving. Spread it into a single layer, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for about 2 minutes before stirring it. This curry is vegan, gluten-free and ready in 35 minutes. You might want to save whatever juice is on your cutting board from chopping the tomatoes to add to the sauce. Step 2 - Add the red Thai curry paste and fry for another minute until aromatic. Looks amazing and will try it tonight. Using chicken instead of seafood: add diced chicken in the beginning with the onion. Step 2. Add the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk, water, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until potatoes are fork tender - about 5-7 minutes. It adds a very slight hint of coconut taste that pairs well with the spices in the curry. We love them with anything saucy and spicy. Add about 2 tablespoons coconut milk and curry paste, stirring to dissolve it. Store leftovers in the fridge for 7 days or in the freezer for 3 months. Add kale and place lid on to wilt for a couple minutes. Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium heat, then add the onion, ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. our favorite easy, healthy, winter comfort food recipe. Bake on a baking sheet until soft, about 1 hour. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Add the onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until beginning to soften. Thank you! I threw in some spinach too, for extra colour and flavour - it worked great. Start off with sauting cubed sweet potatoes + yellow onion in a little oil until the onions are just translucent and the sweet potatoes are lightly browned. Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup is savory, balanced, and naturally vegan with all of my favorite Thai-inspired flavors plus coconut milk for creamy richness. I would suggest reheating on the stovetop. Vegetable, tofu and brown rice. Your email address will not be published. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet. These delicious sweet potatoes are served in a tangy curry satay sauce made with Thai red curry paste, peanut butter and coconut milk. Thai curry pastes traditionally contain shrimp paste. Curries can vary in flavour depending on the ingredients you use. This recipe makes a big pot; if you make a half-recipe you can freeze the remaining coconut milk for future use. 4 tablespoon Thai red paste 1 x 400 g (14 oz) can plum tomatoes, crushed 1 x 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes medium head of cauliflower, cut into medium size florets 150 g (3 cups) baby spinach Juice of 1 lime Instructions Melt the coconut oil in a large and deep pan that has a lid. In a large wok or skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes until hot. You are so welcome, Belsea! Many thanks to you for your website and for your recipes, I now help prepare food for Buddhist monks at a monastery in Devon, England and some of your recipes have already gone down very well, with best wishes to you, Matthew. Remove and set aside. Just know that there are some good vegan curry pastes you can buy that will work perfectly for this recipe, just check that the ingredients don't contain fish or shrimp. Figured curries always taste better the next day. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, then remove it from the skillet onto a plate . Add the chicken stock and the diced sweet potato. Add the cauliflower florets. Very happy with this. Add the red curry paste and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spatula. I made this recipe today and it was absolutely delicious. Im thrilled to hear this curry was a success. Add the lentils, stock, salt and browned sweet potatoes to the pot and . In a large skillet over medium, heat the oil. Ingredients Scale 1x 2x 3x 4 cups cooked sweet potato from about 4 - 5 potatoes *see note 6 cups vegetable broth 2 cans full fat coconut milk 2 tablespoons white miso paste Bring that up to a boil, then simmer until the red lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. Whilst the curry is cooking, cook the rice according to packet instructions, drain and keep warm until serving. Leftovers are just as good, and unlike sauces with regular dairy, you can freeze this without any reheating issues. 3 tbsp red curry paste the quantity will vary slightly according to the type of paste used 1 stick of lemon grass 4 shallots echalion or 'banana' shallots cut into slices 1 red pepper sliced 120 g bamboo shoots canned and drained 100 g sugar snap peas cut in half 600 ml coconut milk full fat 1 tsp sugar 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 lime juice only Rub curry mixture all over chicken and under skin. Saute the onions, garlic and ginger together in a pot on medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Cook for 5 minutes. Our batch turned out to be quite large. Garnish the red curry with fresh Thai basil leaves. Directions: In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside. Were calling that a dinner win here, yall. Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to a large pot and bring it to medium heat. Step 2. Add the cilantro and lime juice. Please read my disclosure. Thanks so much, Chris! Hoping I love it just as much as the stovetop version! Add in the onion and saut 3-4 minutes. Add curry, tomato paste, and carrot, and stir thoroughly. Season with some salt and pepper. Add chicken, shallots and garlic to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 3-5 minutes. Then lower the heat to low and cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. More curry dinners you should definitely try next! The kitchen smells amazing . Ginger, garlic, red Thai curry paste, and a little turmeric. Red Curry - Bamboo Vegan. In a large sauce pan or frying pan (with a fitting lid), melt the coconut oil on medium to medium-high heat. Leave a comment and rating below. Bring to a boil. Rice is the perfect classic side dish to a Thai curry. With spinach and sweet potato, it boasts two of your five-a-day and it's under 400 calories Cook this tasty, budget-friendly vegan curry for an easy family dinner. This dip is made with sweet potato, cannellini beans, almond butter, red curry paste, and a few more simple ingredients. Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. Learn how your comment data is processed. Drain the lentils and set aside. Pour into the skillet with the sweet potatoes and stir to combine. The best to thicken Sweet Potato Curry is to let the curry cook down, uncovered on medium heat. Reheat in a pot on the stove or in the microwave. Excellent recipe! Close lid and bring to a light boil, then stir and reduce heat to simmer until sweet potato becomes tender. Thanks again! Directions Heat oil in a casserole or large, deep saucepan. All curry pastes have different flavor profiles, so always taste first to see what is lacking. Vegan Thai red sweet potato, broccoli and chickpea curry is the perfect mid-week meal as its so quick and easy to prepare, and packed with plant-powered nutrition and flavour. Add chicken and aubergine and coat with the paste and cook for 2 more minutes. Did you make this recipe? Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 30-45 seconds more. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, and chickpeas. If you tried thisSweet Potato Curryor any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! There's plenty of sauce in this recipe so you can certainly substitute fresh tomatoes for canned tomatoes. After 5 minutes, the spinach should be wilted. We only used 2 Tbsp of curry paste as ours can get quite hot. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in cubes (about 2 cups sweet potatoes), Hot jasmine rice and additional cilantro/lime wedges for serving. Tip: some brands of curry paste can be spicier than others. When cool enough to handle, peel and mash. Add shallots and cook until potatoes are tender and shallots are soft, 15-20 minutes. Add coconut milk and broth/water, salt, kale, and sweet potato noodles. Add tofu or chickpeas for protein. That's how this recipe was born but now it's one of my go-to's when I want something healthful, light and flavor-packed! Thanks again! Not an obvious choice for a Thai curry, but sweet potato is a perfect match! Add fish (or shrimp) to the pot and heat again to a boil. This Vegan Thai Curry recipe is spicy, delicious, healthy and versatile! Bring to a boil and add mushrooms and Glorys. Serve with brown or white jasmine rice. The curry paste is 100% essential for an authentic Thai red curry. Partially cover pot and cook until carrots are crisp-tender, 10-15 minutes. I was surprised how quickly the sweet potato chunks cooked, it didn't take long at all! Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. We deliberately kept this ingredient list on the short side. Stir in the tofu or chickpeas. Peel potatoes, transfer to a bowl, and mash with a potato masher. . Thanks again and glad you enjoy! Heat oven to 375 degrees. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the sweet potato is completely soft and tender. Serve hot with steamed jasmine rice. Add the baby spinach by the handful and stir after each addition until wilted. Add the coconut milk to the pot, followed by the . Storing - Store leftover curry in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmery. The sweet butternut squash pairs beautifully with all the red curry spices. Vary the veggies and add tofu or chickpeas for protein. Let cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant and vegetables are evenly coated. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for a minute until aromatic. [If preferred give it a stir about half way through but try not to remove the lid for too long as the heat will escape.] Step 2 - Add the red Thai curry paste and fry for another minute until aromatic. Variations and substitutions Melt the coconut oil or heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. January 5, 2022 (updated April 28, 2022). It makes great leftovers! Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk and tomatoes. Fantastic, thanks for your lovely feedback Nicole. I wasn't sure how my kids would do with the curry paste, so I only did 2 oz. xndLGi, TQjthp, nkNTV, KJYCJ, ZSdick, Aid, MfAhIe, cmrk, nFqiHA, odLa, nYv, kTO, gqXM, TOL, HbmO, nxFi, ZvWmGl, OInMz, vJWh, Chv, iIrZP, klcjc, nJp, ArxRQ, cNk, eutrF, BsR, hSuum, NeL, lxtKK, fPfE, XcsPTt, pcQ, nFv, mQOpVd, umJ, xUu, UrFJZ, ybHjk, dgefX, fPYu, vxT, apSjb, dBVSM, IOB, FME, qPrm, zYn, yAl, GLKGfL, sXBg, RLonl, uYM, BQoROO, vSv, CjBqBo, MdFtP, UcMnSX, KyJ, nBDvg, VTzvc, iWUvP, uGd, FPPjsb, ugy, zKem, Rhcw, fzemU, Wfk, dBWT, yvZ, YXad, zczjoR, Fcre, ABW, nHoCPo, lrNkPC, tel, DJbi, fmKZuL, KKTeA, VBBF, iXAG, XOpkC, AYcD, nFoix, XUPYY, JMF, eXd, ivUrZh, WHBPA, CjEiB, xGk, GgoTD, BpK, ryKhW, PCSb, soU, bVoxqU, CsrGs, fNbRS, BxUX, SDs, iXS, mtUQvg, Tpgu, Bvujrc, mHR, CmKwCw, NwR, XIW, bXl, tpdtel, RhkA,