AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION. Does anyone know of any brands that commonly did this? Proper care is required with all cookware and cast iron is no different. On the other hand, if your pan has two short handles and a dimpled lid, it could be Birmingham. The only markings I can find say 11 INCH. The Pioneer Woman Timeless Beauty Pre-Seasoned Plus 12" Cast Iron Fry Pan. A P at 3 ooclock. We came upon a cast iron cover deep in the dessert. The lid has, I dont want to say little holes, but small round indentations on the inside. Im just starting and trying to identify is a lot trickery than I thought. https://imgur.com/a/5ODpYK5. Those raised symbols (sometimes letters) are referred to as molders marks. I wonder if anyone has info on this areas cast iron? Plus, check out the best meat delivery services for more to grill.) These nodes or notches enable your pan to sit on gas grills or electric heating plates without slipping off. Cast iron cookware makes cooking delicious and succulent one-pot meals easy and hassle-free. Conditions apply. Made from cast iron and featuring an enamelled interior and exterior, our cast iron cookware is built to last and requires no pre-seasoning theyre ready to go as soon as you bring them home. FREE Returns BebLP 5-Inch Cast Iron Skillet BebLP Kitchen cookware sets Frying pan Kitchen set Pans for cooking Fry pan Cooking set Cooking pan Pan with lid Kitchen pots and pans set (Ovens are preferred over stovetops because they provide more even heat.). You can find the exact timeline on the internet. WebBrowse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. 3, wood handle, heat ring. Some pans (e.g. It's easy to season your pan after every use with our Seasoning Spray. But other companies took a different approach. Thats when pans first had to be marked with the country of origin. Do you have any ideas about this one. Another useful trick is to use Google Images and study marked cast iron pans. So how will you identify an unmarked cast iron skillet? Your site wont let me. $24.99 $ 24. These were intended to snugly fit your electric heating filament. Allow the pan to soak, checking on it frequently to see if the rust has been removed (this could take up to eight hours). Retrieve your username. These stores would re-brand the pans in the same way Walmart does today. 90. No markings on the underside besides the gate mark. I thought it would be black all the way through. In the 1960s. Got a cast iron pan that's crusted with rust? All There is also a ridge around the bottom of the skillet. There is also a B on the underside of the handle. In older pans, the pour spouts were bigger. My skillet was given to me by my now 93 year old cousin. /TMSport Chek is a registered trademark of FGL Sports Ltd, used under licence. From Chuck Amberg, Travelers Rest, S.C. It says 11 1/2 inch skillet. On the upside, fulfilled an idea of mine to make use of charcoal on the grill, not wanting to heat it up, WebThen we moved to charcoal grills, electric coils, and finally induction plates. Ours is also hammered, and it has a lid. Its sides are 3 inches tall. The smaller of the two is Griswold and clearly marked the other I am having difficulty identifying. These markings may be inside the bowl of the pan, somewhere on the handle, or both. Do you have a cast-iron skillet in your pan collections? Nearest the handle in block lettering is J. 8 Dutch Oven that is not marked other then the bottom (no heat ring) says Dutch Oven No. I have an 8 in. WebSiemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years.Active around the world, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and And while these fakes arent a brand in themselves, they speak to a specific point in time, and that adds value. Additional information for residents of Quebec only:The regular annual rate for persons applying for the Triangle Mastercard and the Triangle World Elite Mastercard is 22.99% for cash transactions and related fees and 19.99% for all other charges. The bottom has gate mark. Lodge BOLD 12 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, Design-Forward Cookware . I would like to know about a skillet that I have. Underneath the rust is an almost indestructible pan that will give you a lifetime of cooking pleasure. The griddle is a horizontal logo lodge, but I am unable to tell the brand of the other 3. Do you possibly have any information on it? Browse online and in-store today! Thats taxis with horse, carriage & Surry on top. So unless it has a trusted brand name on it, how will you know its a good quality iron skilled as opposed to a blackened tin pot or a pan thats rusted beyond recovery? Cast iron cookware gets hot. any info? Pending. Lets explore tips on how to identify unmarked iron skillets. Its also the reason why garage sales, estate clearances, and storage container options are the best source of cast iron skillets. Not just for their original quality, but for their collectors value. (?)YNCA(?) I have a No. The billing period covered by each statement can be from 28-33 days. WebShop kitchen accessories at Lodge Cast Iron, offering baking and cooking tools for dutch ovens, grills, camping & more. Would love to know maker. rattling thankful to find this website n bing, ust I cant find any markings on them. SKIL(?). Handle to handle is 23 10/16 on the outside of handle. Learn about the new Sportsman's Pro Cast Iron Grill. We have a complete guide about Griswold cast iron pan if you are wanting something more specific. I have a cast iron skillet thats been around for at least 40 years (maybe more). I have a 5 inch cast iron pan with the fire ring, 2 pour spouts, and handle has loop. Made in Usa. 3rd says 11 in skillet me in USA and 4th says Cornbread skillet Pat. I have an iron skillet that was given to me by my grandmother and the only marking on the bottom is C-8. Here are the best uncoated cast-iron pans from CRs tests, listed alphabetically and not in performance order. Unfortunately I am unable to add a picture. Read this before you toss your crusty old cast iron. Neglected Cast Iron Pan | Photo by Noel Christmas. Is there anyway to send a picture of my pan to some knowledgeable pan collectors? While cast iron pans can get a little scroungy looking, cleaning a rusty cast iron pan is simple; in fact, cast iron frying pans are dead simple to bring back to life. This lady got it from Her mother. WebShop All Grills Charcoal Grills Flat Top Grills Gas Grills Pellet Grills Portable Grills Smokers. Arched Wagner Sydney o with thumb indent on top, mine is a chef skillet 3886 C, I purchased It at Sears in the 60s it sounds like yours is one of the same series. $70.00 $ 70. Ive got a square pan with section lines in it. Thank you, Anyone that would have an idea who produced this pot? Chicago Hardware Foundry, the number inside of the diamond is theirs. Brands from the 1800s include Griswold/Erie, Wagner, and Lodge while Le Creuset and Krampouz started in the mid-1900s. I have a shriller with 60 stamped on the bottom of pan what brand and age is it? The easiest way to maintain a layer of seasoning on your cast-iron pan is to use it, says Dennis Powell, the founder of Butter Pat, maker of our top-rated cast-iron skillet. Did either of you ever find anything? Sorry no rainchecks (excluding Quebec). WebWatch VideoPC That said, Griswolds and Wagners are similar, especially after the two manufacturers merged. 10 5/8 IN It does have a heat ring that is solid (not notched), it does not have a gate mark, the bottom of the handle does not have a ridge, nor are there lines on the top of the handle (like the pans of Asian origination), the pan is fairly heavy with a very smooth cooking surface. Can I Use the Same Cast-Iron Skillet for Sweet and Savory Foods? Every number has its own significance. I have searched all over google and cant seem to find anything that matches it. Mantenha-se ao corrente das ltimas notcias da poltica europeia, da economia e do desporto na euronews In inherited this one from my grandma and would like to restore to its former glory, and would be nice to know a bit more about its history. I do t know how to share the photo here. It's easy to season your pan after every use with our Seasoning Spray. I know its Lodge but maybe Blacklock? I have a skillet with a c inside a diamond on the bottom and under the handle it looks to have a 7 on the under side. For example, Lodge pans were marked with 8 (for 10-inch pans) while Wagners were marked with 3, S, or H. Lodge pans are also sometimes with letters. But if you buy an antique pan thats 20, 50, or even 100 years old, you can restore it to perfection and youre set. It is 3/4 d, and has a half moon tab on one end. Keep your hands safe. A hot pan is exactly how you get the skin so delectably crispy. But how will you know? Sides are slanted outward. MADE IN USA. Skillet that seems to be a stainless cast iron just. 8The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Step 3: Bake! 100 reviews. You can clean it with plain dish soap, scrubbing gently with a sponge (avoid metal scrubbers, which can scratch the enamel). Now go ahead, scrub-a-dub-dub with mild dish soap and warm water. If you want to know the exact age, check the Wapak logo it has different versions for given years. Bold 9 INCH raised right of handle. If that still doesnt work, and it usually does, scrub the skillet with coarse salt and a splash of water, then wipe dry and swipe with oil. Classic Colours - Timeless elegance and graduated ombre effects. Made from durable cast-iron, this oven-safe black fry pan offers superior heat retention for lasting performance and even cooking results. and on the underside of its handle is the number 5. A 4 at 6 oclock. WebSiemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years.Active around the world, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and It does have decorative etching all around the outside of the pan though. These knock-offs are prized. 00. The lid and handle both have a raised 8 on them, the pan itself has two pour spouts. It also has 3 raised knobs and a raised line across the bottom of the pan. it has 11 slots (I think looks more like breadsticks that cornbread but thats just me..lol) and it is unmarked except for a small H under the handle on one end. However, if we do not receive the full minimum due on a statement within 59 days of the date of that statement, or any event of default (other than a payment default) occurs under your Cardmember Agreement, all special payment plans on your account will terminate and (i) you will then be charged interest on the balances outstanding on such plans at the applicable regular annual rate from the day after the date of your next statement, and (ii) the balances outstanding will form part of the balance due on that statement. Thank you. The pan is very heavy and has a forging flaw next to the pour spout. Best of all, our cast iron is pre-seasoned for you, so you don't have to worry about prepping your Dutch oven before cooking. Bake your cookware upside down in a 450 F oven for 1 hour and allow it to cool in the oven, says Stubblefield. Quantities may be limited. So check out antique sites of just Google vintage logos so you know what to look for. It was given to me by my mother-in-law, who is now deceased. WebOur Commitment to Anti-Discrimination. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! There is no other markings on the pan except a little bump in the front of the handle near the pan (could just be a flaw). If you have a smartphone, take a clear photo of your pan and upload it to Google Images. Check out our pros quick tips for cooking in enameled cast iron. 99. The opposite side has a lip on it with raised numbers # 24. Thats all are they worth anything? My Aunt gave me a unmarked cast iron skillet. Replies to my comments I was given an oval shaped, very shallow skillet 10 X 8, with no markings. Upgrade your tired old frypans with this MASTER Chef Preseasoned Cast Iron Frying Pan. While youre at it, check the inner surface of the pan. The handle has a place for your thumb on top. If the pan has an underlined, hyphenated, or sideways number, it could be a Vollrath pan. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. Lodge BW8LP 8.5 x 4.5 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Loaf Pan, 8.5x4.5 Inch, Black 1,278. Near one ridge is a 7. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My wife has an old pan. They also have a smooth finish, unlike modern cast iron which may be grooved for silicone grips. i have a similar skillet. Lodge BOLD 12 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, Design-Forward Cookware . The lid is a basting lid with three separate sections of raised non joined circles. It has what appears to be a 59 and maybe a 6 just slightly askew from the handle when flipped over. Definitely sounds like a more modern Wagner item. Hi fellow vintage cast iron pan enthusiasts!! 9 1/4 bottom circumference Neglected Cast Iron Pan | Photo by Noel Christmas. I have similar, it is a griddle and mine is a volrath. 3+ day shipping. current price $19.99. FREE Returns BebLP 5-Inch Cast Iron Skillet BebLP Kitchen cookware sets Frying pan Kitchen set Pans for cooking Fry pan Cooking set Cooking pan Pan with lid Kitchen pots and pans set $19.99. Marked with 8a. I have a cast iron dutch oven the lid says griswold # 10 tite top dutch oven on top the underside says patented feb. 10 1920 block letter griswold in a cross erie. i tried to post a photo but not sure how. You can memorize their distinctive features. WebOur professionals buy or sell domains on your behalf. Study them carefully before you shop, and carry copies in your car while youre out hunting for skillets. Oh, the irony! Learn how to make cast iron salmon - it's easy, delicious, and the perfect way to cook salmon for a crispy skin and tender fish. FREE Returns BebLP 5-Inch Cast Iron Skillet BebLP Kitchen cookware sets Frying pan Kitchen set Pans for cooking Fry pan Cooking set Cooking pan Pan with lid Kitchen pots and pans set 100 4.4 out of 5 Stars. Wait actually it is an 11 1/4 Inch Skillet Griddle Made in the USA that has a C instead of a B. I have almost the same skillet. The image feature is useful both for studying silhouettes and uploading live pans. I can not find one comparable anywhere. Not only can the food cause the seasoning to deteriorate, but putting a hot pan in the fridge can crack the glass shelves or the pan itself. Keep your hands safe. After 1960, American-made pans had to stamp Made in USA in clear letters. While cast iron pans can get a little scroungy looking, cleaning a rusty cast iron pan is simple; in fact, cast iron frying pans are dead simple to bring back to life. Very like weight. Lodge pans) have recessed heating rings on their outer edges. Offer subject to change without notice. On the upside, fulfilled an idea of mine to make use of charcoal on the grill, not wanting to heat it up, 11 top circumference. Bonus CT Money collected from online orders will be applied to the members Triangle Rewards account within 5 weeks of the purchase date. I have a dutch oven with a handle, lid and a number 10 on the bottom. If I knew what I was doing, I should probably try to use it. I have some that I dont collect. Pour spout on one side. Raised letters: Nos S.Kheavst N.Y. No5, I cant find where to comment so I hit reply here Also, older pans had two pour spouts while newer ones might have one. Still, the coating tends to deteriorate over time if not replenished. Offer excludes localized promotions. Whether we're buying your ideal domain or selling your premium domains for the best prices, our experienced team of brokers is there for you dedicated, trustworthy and discrete. Keep your hands safe. 90. /TMUnless otherwise noted, all trademarks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and are used under licence. The handle has an opening.. it has a spout on each side. Hi I have a three footed pan with gate mark and 2 1/2 raised horizontally on the top of the handle. Lodges are sometimes rough with pebbly textures. Scour away all that rust. If wiping out the pan with a little water and a paper towel doesnt remove stuck-on food, its okay to use a little dish soap and water. It may be a fragment of a brand name like & or 5 and that could possibly help you spot a Birmingham Stove & Range. Sometimes, the ghosts were leftover because a counterfeiter mimicked an original brand mold. Im still researching it, but what Ive found so far seems to suggest its a Wagner. The only marking is an 8 on the handle. I have a skillet that has a gate break on the bottom. It has two pour spouts and is rough around parts of the top edges, seemingly caused when it was cast. A more recent sample is [aawp link=0764337297 title=The Book of Griswold & Wagner, Favorite, Wapak, Sidney Hollow Ware whose 5thEdition came out in 2013]. Its amazing that this griddle has absolutely no rust on it & it looks to me anyway, that its in good condition. $19.99. My Aunt just got my great Aunts Wagner from the 1890s series. I have looked on Google and Ebay for a mfg named Best Made and never found one. Step 3: Bake! The pan is rough around the handle. Two pouring spouts on pan. Our Lowest Prices of the Year are defined as the period between January 1 to December 31, 2022. Wagners and Griswolds have a triangular-shaped wedge on the rear side of the handle while others are rounded. MASTER Chef Preseasoned Cast Iron Frying Pan, Oven Safe, Black, 30.4cm. With just a little cast iron skillet care, they'll be back to the fantastic kitchen tools they're touted to be. Cast iron cookware makes cooking delicious and succulent one-pot meals easy and hassle-free. But if you pre-checked the characteristic of the brand, you can tell who made it, even without their signature. The skillet is black, not colored. Hope this helps. Furthermore, our cast iron casserole dishes and cast iron griddles and skillets can be used on all hob types and placed in the oven up to 260C. Her Mother used it as well as GrandMother. It's okay to use soap! Read more: Best Grills of 2022 How to Know When Cast Iron Is Beyond Repair. For tips on regular day-to-day care, check out this step-by-step guide for how to clean and season a cast iron pan, which includes washing and caring for your re-claimed cast-iron pan. After all, if the pan has been sitting in storage for years, it will look neglected and abandoned. I just received a #8 without heat ring Griswold LG Block Letters Skillet from my brother that belonged to our Mom. I just turned 50 and she said she had it in 1960. 8. I have one that I believe I figured it was an unmarked griswold, I have a # 3 cast iron skillet with a W and a three and a little slash on the back of it can you tell me more of it about it. I wanted to post some photos, but not sure how. Lodge BOLD 12 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, Design-Forward Cookware . If i could get help identifying the 2 unlabeled, it would be appreciated. Probably holds 2 quarts. Financing available is Equal payments, no interest for 24 months (unless otherwise stated) and is only available on request, on approved credit and on purchases of $150 (unless otherwise stated) or more (Gift Cards excluded) made with your Triangle credit card at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Marks, Lquipeur, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, LEntrept du Hockey and participating Sports Experts. Read more: Best Grills of 2022 "For tougher messes, add a little water to your pan and simmer for a minute or two," says Cindy Fisher, CRs lead cookware tester. It also has a smaller c off to the side of the 8 that looks like it was done by hand. I brought them home, but cannot identify. Any idea if these are worth anything? I know it was my grandmothers. Step 3: Bake! Wagners often have spiral grooves tooled onto the inner base while Griswolds are flat. Using Easy Off I have done it 3X just to get to this. It appears to be unused. Can you identify its age or maker? The handle also slopes downward. 3 on top of handle no marking on bottom but it has the triangular at the. On the bottom it has in block letters SE above the number 8, opposite the handle. WebConstitutional Rights Foundation (CRF) is a non-profit, non-partisan, community-based organization. Best of all, our cast iron is pre-seasoned for you, so you don't have to worry about prepping your Dutch oven before cooking. I am perplexed with this Spider Skillet. That identifies it as Lodge. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Its got no hallmark that I can find. Can you tell me how old pan is? These marks only became visible once I restored. Any bonus multiplier is based on the base rate of collecting CT Money. Check our full cookware ratings and recommendations. Meanwhile, Griswold pans sometimes have italicized 4-digit codes on the back of the pan. Is badly rusted and is made by Harlingen HDW. Visithttps://www.canadiantire.ca/en/customer-service/ship-to-home.htmlfor more information. Lodge pans commonly used between one and three heating notches at the bottom. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); complete guide about Griswold cast iron pan, Griswold Cast Iron Histroy, Value, Identify Guide In 2022, Wapak Cast Iron: History, Value, Identifying Guide, https://photos.app.goo.gl/rowLWdKuCkcDbDf4A, https://www.ohioauctiononline.com/upload_images/22676-02.jpg, https://www.ohioauctiononline.com/upload_images/22676-05.jpg. Lodge Combo Cooker Cast Iron, 10.25", Black 20,669. I have an old pan which is unmarked but has a raised 10 on the handle. I am curious as to the manufacture date range and company if possible. Also the bottom of the skillet has heat rings all around it. Show us a photo in the comments! Seem anything like that? Then heat it in the oven as outlined above. If they werent easy to care for, how could they last for generations, with the pan you inherited from your grandmother being just as good (or better) as one you buy today? Any help would be appreciated. I have a well worn pan with partial marking remaining on back & 8 on handle. Pan designs have adjusted to keep up, so your pans cooking surface is a hint. No other visible marks. The inside is smooth swirled. Lid has Lodge 7 pan has 7 on handle. It looks like a dutch oven with a start shaped cut out of the lid. Have a skilllet with a v underlined.not a 5 in skillet.does this signify maker. No marks. Trying to figure out which could belong to whom. We've already established that cast iron can handle a lot. I have an unmarked cast iron pan from my grandmother that Im trying to date. It is 10 inches, a pour spout on ea side, and only mark is an indented capital L on bottom. i was told it is a unmarked Griswold. Cast iron still not for you? Most makers of cast-iron pans have lots of helpful information. I know his family didnt move around since they were in the Taxi business. Grill Accessories Small Cast Iron Fry Pan for Indoor and Outdoor Use, Ovenproof, Stovetop, Induction Safe Seasoned Skillet. The minimum payment is the sum of (a) the greater of: (i) interest and fees shown on your statement + $10; or (ii) 5% of the New Balance, excluding amounts on special payment plans, (b) any balance over your credit limit, (c) any amounts past due not included in (b) above, and (d) the amount of any equal payments plan instalments then due. except for it has two grooves on outside at the handle, both pour spouts (which are double lipped) and top of the pan. It will also be rusty and caked with mud and debris. (We've also got tips on how to clean a cast-iron skillet, and how to clean your grill the right way. I see no letter or number on the underside of the handle. Id be interested in manufacturer, approximate age, and what the markings mean, like letters B and H and the 699. https://ibb.co/dPGrDWV, I can see a very visible L (inside a rotated square) and No. https://ibb.co/ZV6FXf6 WebEnameled cast-iron cookware was developed in the 1920s. Cuisinel Cast Iron Skillet Set of 2 Kitchen Cookware Pre-Seasoned 10 and 12" Add. Any ideas? It has a heat ring and an 8 inside a diamond on the bottom even with the handle. Any ideas? We reserve the right to limit quantities. To collect bonus CT Money you must present a Triangle Rewards card/key fob, or use any approved Cardless method, at time of purchase or pay with a Triangle credit card. Does someone know what name brand this is and the age? I have a 15IN. The Pioneer Woman Timeless Beauty Pre-Seasoned Plus 12" Cast Iron Fry Pan. Base of the handle. I have an unmarked BSR 14 inch. (She was born in 1930). If you have an enameled cast-iron pan, theres no need to worry about seasoning. Circa 1930-39 which she most likely purchased before she married in 1941 or shortly after. They also made some higher quality hammered pieces that are nice. Other brands (like Wagner) will sometimes use letters instead, like H. Pans are also sometimes marked with model numbers like 8, 10, or 90. Its part of their history. I have several pieces with just gate marks I dont have a website to post pictures how do I let you see them, I have a cast iron and put on the bottom of it, it says Classic. Thank you in advance. Notches our pour spot on either side. Does it have a heat ring on the bottom with either 1 notch or 3 notches on it? Dont plunge a hot pan into cold water or put it in the dishwasher. No brand mark, but the numbers 41-9, then 2 under that are on the bottom, with a 10 inside a circle stamp, and then another 2 both on the handle. I dont see any other markings. Hello, I have pictures of it I can send as well. I have a few items we just inherited from our grandmother. So far I found the word Skillet and it appears to have a 10.5 before that. $24.99 $ 24. Contemporary cast iron pans might also have a helper handle and non-stick coatings, which are both newer. 2 cast iron heavy top lids, 1 deep skillet, and 1 griddle. If you buy a new one from the store, you have to season it from scratch, and it will take years to grow your own patina. While cast iron pans can get a little scroungy looking, cleaning a rusty cast iron pan is simple; in fact, cast iron frying pans are dead simple to bring back to life. This is a distinctive, sometimes raised slash. Back is marked: Can anyone help identify this pan? Looking at it. Those both could be concerns, but they're easily dealt with. I am in the process of getting all the rust off of it. If you bought your pan unseasoned, which is rare these days, heres how to season it: Rub it all over with oil and buff it with a soft cloth so that the pan doesnt look oily. Did you find out what yours was? Conditions and restrictions apply. Does this have any value. Its a double spout it has a raised number 7 on the handle and a y printed on the bottom at about 5 o clock position the bottom of he handle is rounded with a tear drop shaped hole in handle. The Triangle Mastercard and the Triangle World Elite Mastercard do not have an annual fee. I do have photos. MASTER Chef Preseasoned Cast Iron Frying Pan, Oven Safe, Black, 30.4cm. In 1934, the French company Cousances designed the enameled cast iron Doufeu to reduce excessive evaporation and scorching in cast iron Dutch ovens. And if theyre well taken care of, they get better with time. The bowl of the skillet is the o on Lodge. The most commonly ghosted brands are Griswold and Wagner, which were later acquired by the same company. 4.7 out of 5 stars 594 ratings. One has the #8 on lid and smaller on has a 3 above a 4 on the lid. Can I send you pictures? Gate marked pans are almost guaranteed pre-1890. Hi Would like help identifying a round corner, rectangular skillet with a cold type handle (unmarked). Use your favorite search engine to memorize old brands and logos. Lodge pans) have recessed heating rings on their outer edges. Copied this from up top Tip#2, /Users/kristyhoffschwelle/Downloads/IMG_1494.HEIC. please help with identifying age, maker, and if valuable. Any thoguhts? Kris Stubblefield, a chef and spokesman for Lodge, the maker of some of the countrys best-selling pans, heartily agrees: The more you use your pan, the easier it is to maintain, he says. Learn how to make cast iron salmon - it's easy, delicious, and the perfect way to cook salmon for a crispy skin and tender fish. Whether we're buying your ideal domain or selling your premium domains for the best prices, our experienced team of brokers is there for you dedicated, trustworthy and discrete. It has a solid raised ring on the bottom and the number 8 with a C directly under it. If its a photo on a website like eBay, the image search might show you the source of the photo leading to further identification. I cant post pics. There is no administration fee charged for entering into a special payments plan. Dont be tempted to store your leftovers in a cast-iron pan in the refrigerator. About 8 7/8 across the out side top, has a heat ring on the bottom. I have a 10-inch skillet that doesnt have a heat ring and it is stamped with what looks like Falwan. I believe 14s are not commonly found. Has anyone ever seen a greaseless frying skillet? Their handle hoops also have a distinctly dipped section towards the center of the hole. Thanks! I dont mind compensating you for your assistance. The easiest way to maintain a layer of seasoning on your cast-iron pan is to use it, says Dennis Powell, the founder of Butter Pat, maker of our top-rated cast-iron skillet. And if the pan has even the slightest marking on it, you can look that up. Cant find one line it anywhere. You can cook over open flame, on a stove, or with charcoal briquettes to create a hearty meal at home or the campsite. Save with. Discover the story behind America's favorite cookware when you visit the new Lodge Museum of Cast Iron! Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money (CT Money). Guess on age? Modeled on old braising pans in which glowing charcoal was heaped on the lids (to mimic two-fire ovens), the Doufeu has a deep robert. (We suspect its from somewhere in the 1800s. It has 2 pour spouts. CO from Texas. If that doesnt work, theres another way to loosen the stuck-on stuff. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Have searched and cannot find anything that resembles it. I have an 8 cast iron that I have had forever. WebAll our cast iron pots and pans have incredible non-stick qualities and offer fantastic heat conduction and heat distribution, so you can have consistent and evenly cooked meals every time. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. The bottom has a 3ridge near each handle. Theyd buy trademarked pans, scrape off the original markings, and remarket them under the Wapak brand name. You dont see that on Wagners. I have done some research and believe it is an un marked Wagner, but I cant find a photo of one just like it. Theres an A or triangle etched on the under side of the handle. Does anyone have a good link? or nothing? /TMMastercard and World Mastercard are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. again, I found someone had thrown them away with some old lamps, dishes and such. Older cast iron skillets have integrated handles that are part of the bowl with no screws or rivets. Buy now. I have yet to find anyone to identify it. While you're shopping, become a Pan Fan today and sign up for our newsletter! Any unpaid portion not received by the due date will no longer form part of the equal payments plan and interest will accrue on that amount from the day after the date of your next statement at the applicable regular annual rate. WebBrowse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. The handle is connected on each side by a tab in the shape of a capital D with a solid bar through the center of the D. The lid is Mark No. I am trying to identify a very old cast iron cornbread pan. I am sending pictures of my three large cast-iron they are numbered 8, 4, and 6 8 If you have an overview of top brand characteristics, its easier to identify them when you see them. /TMMarks is a registered trademark of Marks Work Warehouse Ltd, used under licence. It has the number 10 on the top of the handle. After reading your suggestions, I used a magnifyied glass to try to see under the seasoning. 99. Thank you in advance! Check online to see the trademark characteristics of these skillet brands. I have my grannys cast iron skillet that has the heat ring, 3 notches (12,3,9) and only an L molded on the underside of the handle. The versatile Fire & Cook Stand can handle the heat from an open flame or charcoal. Was price reflects the last national regular price this product was sold for. It has a bail or handle. Mantenha-se ao corrente das ltimas notcias da poltica europeia, da economia e do desporto na euronews Don't subscribe Best Self-Monitored Home Security Systems With No Monthly Fees, Heres how to keep your skillets spotless, according to the experts. any ideas? I cant figure out how to post a photo. WebThen we moved to charcoal grills, electric coils, and finally induction plates. If the number sits inside a diamond shape, its probably a Chicago Hardware Foundry Favorite (CHF). WebShop All Grills Charcoal Grills Flat Top Grills Gas Grills Pellet Grills Portable Grills Smokers. Some pans (e.g. Modern-day Lodge pans have the egg-logo which consists of an egg sitting inside a skillet. So if its a specter, its probably one of these. casserole pan It is a flame orange color and is stamped Made in Belgium, but it does not say DRU or any other name. It has what looks like an & symbol on the bottom, an 8 on the top of handle, and no other markings. Sponsored. WebEnameled cast-iron cookware was developed in the 1920s. Trying to identity the brand of my dutch oven. Theres a C under all that. I used my 10 inch Wagner skillet purchased in 1953 yesterday cooking meat in the oven with a lid on and I noticed some of the black coating came off. Were old but this griddle makes us seem like little kiddies. May be a copy of that and called greaseless fryer instead. Im trying to find info on a very large iron skillet I found. I have an unmarked griddle that a dear friend gave me in the late 60s. I have an old big pan, No name, No stamp, Interior is 19 inches, 2 handles 2 1/2 inch highit was my dads who died in 1991, so it sat in my house for 29 years, and I dont remember seeing him ever use it. I have a cast iron skillet, notch in heat ring at 12 oclock, askew 2 at 6 oclock. This is another perennial question. The handle is flat in the middle. Your username maybe be your email address. But I sure dont. Noel Christmas spent 12 years as a professional cook and another 10 years as a food writer for Allrecipes.com, turning professional techniques and recipes into approachable household standards. I have 2 cast iron sauce pots (we called them bean pots) that are mid 1800s or earlier. CRF seeks to instill in our nation's youth a deeper understanding of citizenship through values expressed in our Constitution and its Bill of Rights and to educate young people to become active and responsible participants in our society. Can you identify a piece of cast iron as to what it is called or used for? I cant figure out how to post pics. I have a similar unmarked deeper size frying pan Im trying to identify. Its the only mark I see and would love to know if anyone has heard of that. I would really love more info about a chicken fryer that my grandmother gave to me. Thats all I can tell you about that. The pan is roughly 17x 8. Any ideas on the age, type? So if you find a cast iron skillet with rough file marks, see if you can identify the ghost of a logo beneath. WebOur Commitment to Anti-Discrimination. Its very big. Lodge pans) have recessed heating rings on their outer edges. Thank you. Enameled Cast Iron Skillet Deep Saut Pan with Lid, 12 Inch, Duke Blue, Superior Heat Retention, Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 12 Inch Dual Handle Pan, Enameled Blue 2-in-1 Cast Iron Multi-Cooker Heavy Duty Skillet and Lid Set, Cuisinel Cast Iron Skillet Set of 2 Kitchen Cookware Pre-Seasoned 10 and 12", Ozark Trail 8 Piece Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Cookware Set and Cleaning Tools, Ozark Trail 3 Piece Cast Iron Skillet Set, Pre-seasoned (8", 10.5", 12"), Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillets, Assorted Sizes, Ozark Trail Pre-seasoned 12" Cast Iron Skillet with Handle and Lips, Ozark Trail Pre-seasoned 15" Cast Iron Skillet with Handle and Lips, Ozark Trail 4-piece Cast Iron Skillet Set with Handles and Griddle, Pre-seasoned, 6", 10.5", 11". CRF seeks to instill in our nation's youth a deeper understanding of citizenship through values expressed in our Constitution and its Bill of Rights and to educate young people to become active and responsible participants in our society. I would love to know more about it. Sponsored. But you dont need as many repetitions. I have a pan that sounds just like yoursthe only marking is an engraved 8 on the handle and the handle has an opening. WebWatch VideoPC I bought these two pieces at an auction recently. Visit the Lodge Store. Upgrade your tired old frypans with this MASTER Chef Preseasoned Cast Iron Frying Pan. Some pans (e.g. Trying to find out the make. I have this skillet and Im not sure what kind it is any idea ? And dont plunge a hot pan into cold water, because the pan can warp. Made from durable cast-iron, this oven-safe black fry pan offers superior heat retention for lasting performance and even cooking results. The lid is hinged and has a star with lines radiating out to within an inch of lids circumference. Gate marks usually indicate 19th century, so itd be 120 years old or more(and still frying) The skillet has a gate mark on the bottom of the pan. It does not have any identifying marks on the back. Furthermore, our cast iron casserole dishes and cast iron griddles and skillets can be used on all hob types and placed in the oven up to 260C. Furthermore, our cast iron casserole dishes and cast iron griddles and skillets can be used on all hob types and placed in the oven up to 260C. Once your pan is all clean, immediately dry it with a clean dishtowel or paper towels to prevent any future rusting. WebShop All Grills Charcoal Grills Flat Top Grills Gas Grills Pellet Grills Portable Grills Smokers. On the bottom is a 5 and directly underneat this is a capital C and to the right is a 7, Im hoping someone can help me. This pan is gate marked and has a 16 (horizontal) on the handle. Plus, check out the best meat delivery services for more to grill.) Some pans (e.g. For residents of Quebec, the period between the statement date and the due date for payment is 26 days. Influence-free. This fish pan is 18l, 20 with handles, 9w. I have a cast iron tea kettle with no number on bottom. Great article! https://photos.app.goo.gl/rowLWdKuCkcDbDf4A, I have an unmarked cast iron skillet. It's easy to season your pan after every use with our Seasoning Spray. I have a 4 inch cast iron skillet that I found with raised letter on inside of it. Can You Use Cast Iron Cookware on a Glass-Top Stove? I was given a #3, skittet with a raised single notch heat ring at 12 oclock, with what appears to be either a raised letter I or the #1 that is located 1/4 above the heat ring, in line with the handle. Not 100% on that but from everything I have read sounds logical. On the underside appears 11 3/4 INCH SKILLET MADE IN USA and a letter F. Instead, let it return to room temperature before cleaning. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Both are raised inscriptions. But brands do it too. Complete with ergonomic handles for easy lifting makes these typically weighty pieces of cast iron much easier to hold and move from hob to oven and oven to hob. Put the pan in a 450 F oven, upside down so oil doesnt pool, and heat for 30 minutes. I would love to know what brand it is and how old? Examples of borrowing costs (rounded to the nearest cent) assuming that all charges are purchases bearing interest at the regular annual rate of 19.99%, a 30 day month, no charges made on special payment plans and no other fees, additional payments or other changes are: Additional Information for the Triangle Mastercard: In the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money(CT Money). Im curious to know who made cast iron in the Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware or even Virginia areas. If using a charcoal grill, add wood chips directly to the coals. Wagners have their number (and letter) written on the handle of the pan, not just the bowl. nothing else. Then the same M on backside of handle. If your cast iron pan has a dimpled or hammered finish, its a much younger model. I have this old skillet my Mother got from an older lady when I was about a year old, I am now 58. These days, almost all new cast-iron pans are shipped already seasoned, meaning you can use them right out of the box. Any ideas who the manufacturer is and date ? Give it some regular TLC, though, and the cooking surface just gets better and better. According to this video, that would indicate its older than 1960 (since no country of origin is stamped). Look at the numbers on the pan for clues. Any thoughts? Modeled on old braising pans in which glowing charcoal was heaped on the lids (to mimic two-fire ovens), the Doufeu has a deep First scrub the rusty sections with a mesh scrub sponge (not steel wool because its too rough), then wash it with warm, soapy water. Id be happy to provide pictures if you email me. I cant find another marking like it on google. For reference it looks identical to the marked Griswold one I have. It does have spiral markings on the inside. 7 on the side. Save with. If it says Made in USA, it was made in 1960 or later. Hi. $24.99 $ 24. It is enamel lined with a bail handle. Check their shape, size, and position. 90. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. The shape of the number helps too. I have never used it; I just keep it hung on a wall along with Aunt Effies pictures. No USA markings. I do have pics. $70.00 $ 70. Funny, I have one from either my mother or grandmother. Browse online and in-store today! It has a capital L with a circle around it and the number 14 below it. I have a pan that sounds just like this one. It is a 14 inch which is possibly the largest other than commercial sizes. To do so, submerge your entire pan in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. They were all in rough shape when i got them and i baked off old grease and washed and sanded them to where they look like new. The handle is triangular or v shaped right to the pan to the opening of the handle which is teardroped shaped. The only markings on the bottom are a number 5 inside a diamond shape with the letter B next to the to the upper right of the diamond shape. it does not match there standard for identification. A family legend says it was bought for a bargain due to the flaw. Just want to know the history of this skillet. Ive been trying to research a marked pan of ours with little luck. Not available in Recontre East, NL. WebOur Commitment to Anti-Discrimination. It may be marked SK for the skillet, G for griddle, or DO for Dutch oven. *Coupon code will be sent to your email after you sign up for our newsletter! I have been unable to locate this name in any article that I have read. I have a cauldron with a GATE MARK AND 14 MT. Indented on the bottom of the pan nothing else. It has a pour spout on both sides Also it has what looks to be a hole to hang it on directly 12oclock from the handle. Id say at the very minimum 60 years old. Can someone help? I have an arching Wagner Ware (they share the W) Sidney -0-, a little further down it states square skillet, and near the handle on the bottom 1218B. I think I have the same skillet. current price $19.99. Was hoping to send a picture but I cannot find the option to include a picture here. I would guess it is cast after 1960. Thank you. This is because the tools for making spouts werent as advances as today, so the dips were more defined. Lodge Combo Cooker Cast Iron, 10.25", Black 20,669. Trying to find out who made thisits a 21 mini breadstick pan the only markings are No. It also has a domed lid. 11 and on the bottom there is a 1 in 2 different places so not sure if that means 11 or not not able to add picture. Then cook your first dish!You can keep your pan seasoned by using the same method when you think its beginning to look dry. CANADIAN TIREand the CANADIAN TIRE Triangle Design are registered trade-marks of Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. 100 reviews. I have a cast iron pot with an insert, the bottom has an opening for possibly a fire to be made in side. I would like to send a photo but not sure how to attach to this message. I have a huge cast iron pot. I found a 10 1/2 in skillet with an 8 stamped in the handle. Furthermore, our cast iron casserole dishes and cast iron griddles and skillets can be used on all hob types and placed in the oven up to 260C. 8-B(7) 10.25 IN. Free shipping and free returns on eligible items. I have an old cast iron pan with absolutely no identifiable stamped or raised characteristics or numbers, etc. I have a flat pan with a gate mark, bottom ring and raised 7 T D on it. The us made it mandatory to mark with what country the pans were poured in due to an influx of poorly cast pans from Asia. I recently bought these on ebay which were described as unmarked wagner. who when where is the question. WebShop All Grills Charcoal Grills Flat Top Grills Gas Grills Pellet Grills Portable Grills Smokers. Just picked up a 3 1/2 deep skillet at a thrift store It is unmarked but has a gate line on the bottom. I cant figure this one out: 5 inch little skillet, marked 3 on the top of the handle, 4 at six oclock on the bottom with no heat ring. The only marks I can see are a 3A. Inspect the texture, and markings on the outer and inner surface. Cuisinart vs All Clad Cookware Similarities and Differences. go to see this web site and be up to date every day. 3 Ply vs. 5 Ply Cookware: Which one is better? For example, Cuisinart and Le Creuset cast iron pans have bright, vibrant colors. Thanks Jack, My mother had two pans. I have an unmarked pan which was already very old when given to my Great Aunt over 100 years ago. It has the # 25 and a logo with the letter C upon the letter A. The 3 is recessed and there are no other markings that I can find. It is lighter in weight than the newer one and well seasoned. The skillet is in really great shape. In 1934, the French company Cousances designed the enameled cast iron Doufeu to reduce excessive evaporation and scorching in cast iron Dutch ovens. I have a bean pot that is 9 inches tall And 10 1/2 inches across with the markings on the bottom 8 GQ can you tell me anything about it? While cast iron pans can get a little scroungy looking, cleaning a rusty cast iron pan is simple; in fact, cast iron frying pans are dead simple to bring back to life. We've designed products to help you care for your cookware so it will last for generations. Lodges from 1900 to 1930 often have embossed numbers while other brands are recessed. Modeled on old braising pans in which glowing charcoal was heaped on the lids (to mimic two-fire ovens), the Doufeu has a deep WebBrowse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. WebConstitutional Rights Foundation (CRF) is a non-profit, non-partisan, community-based organization. Do you have any ideas for me? An 8 stamped on neck of handle and a 2 etched or stamped on the bottom above the handle and just above the heat ring, I have an unmarked pan. I cant find any info on these that tell me for sure though. Thank you. Any ideas? The diamond is about 1 inch high and 3/4 inch wide. I re-seasoned them with varying degrees of success and have cooked nearly every meal with them for the past month! I have a cast aluminum 10 skillet with lid and a wooden handle. please help with age, maker, and if valuable. Food Scraper, 2-in-1 Pot and Pan Dish Scraper, Nylon and Silicone, Kitchen Scraper Tools for Cast Iron Skillets, Cookware, Dishes, Pans and Pots, Heat Resistant, Set of 3 4.6 out of 5 stars 55 1 offer from $7.99 Same markings. I know nothing about it. The easiest way to maintain a layer of seasoning on your cast-iron pan is to use it, says Dennis Powell, the founder of Butter Pat, maker of our top-rated cast-iron skillet. Assess the shape and decorative detail on your cast iron skillet handles. Pan designs have adjusted to keep up, so your pans cooking surface is a hint. Thanks. It also is stamped that reads 10 1/2 INCH CHICKEN FRYER I have a cast iron tea pot that has just a capital T on the swing out lip. There is a B under the 11 3/4 closer to the edge of the bottom of the pan. Visit the Lodge Store. I have a 12 pan with a small cross/star at the base of the handle. Have an old 7-slot cornstick pan. However, any deep pitting or cracks in your cast iron mean that your cast iron is beyond repair. Save products you love, products you own and much more! WebFind Cheap Flights with easyJet Over the last 25 years easyJet has become Europes leading short-haul airline, revolutionising European air travel by allowing passengers to book cheap flights across Europes top flight routes, connecting more than 30 countries and over 100 cities.Were not only committed to providing low-cost flight tickets, but also providing what the T stands for and the approximate age of the tea pot. How can I get a picture of it to you so that you might be able to help me ID it? I found a ci skillet it has the word classic on the bottom. Im hoping someone can help with identification of a skillet that belonged to my mother. We got it when his great Aunt died 40 years ago. Its seems a bit heavy to be antique. This will join her Wagner-Sidney skillets and numerous other cast iron pieces I have, use and cherish. It is molded with the pan as in not sperate and then attached. Has an 8 on the handle and on the bottom of handle there is an A , on the bottom it says 10 1/2 Inch chicken fryer and has an A too. $19.90 $ 19. I have searched online & unable to find any similar. Lodge BW8LP 8.5 x 4.5 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Loaf Pan, 8.5x4.5 Inch, Black 1,278. As we say at Butter Pat: Keep it clean, keep it dry, keep it oiledbut most importantly keep cooking.. current price $19.99. WebShop at Amazon Fashion for a wide selection of clothing, shoes, jewelry and watches for both men and women at Amazon.com. Saucier vs. Saucepan: Which One Should You Choose? This includes the depth (frying pans are shallower than skillets) and the angle (saut pans have straight sides while frying pans have flared sides). With enough research, you can identify the antique pan at a glance. Balances under $10 are due in full. I have a cast iron, Im assuming skillet. Three sectionsone large one on top and two smaller sections at the handle end of the pan. I just bought a cast iron skillet, it looks very used and on the bottom of the skillet closer to the handle it says, 8 inch skillet and something below that but cant tell what it says. It had chalk 350 on it, https://www.ohioauctiononline.com/upload_images/22676-02.jpg Am curious who made it. I am under the impression that they are from the 1930s given this is when great grandma and grandpa were married and these were wedding gifts. The bottom of the pan will often have other details too. WebShop kitchen accessories at Lodge Cast Iron, offering baking and cooking tools for dutch ovens, grills, camping & more. Also has MADE IN USA on the back. 3+ day shipping. Free shipping and free returns on eligible items. I have my great grandmothers. Buy now. The numbers might match the gas numbers on your cooker, or they might be a code to show you the diameter of your cast iron pan. I was wondering if you could please help me I have a dutch oven that was my mothers Im 63 years old it has just a number 8 on the lid of it I would like to know if you could tell me how old it is and what the value of it is I cant find nothing on the bottom I just know that when I was a kid every two weeks we had homemade potato donuts in it its a fantastic piece I just want to know some history of it, I have a pot with a lid, the lid has a 6 and the underneath of the lid has little spikes..need to find another lid for it cuz it has a crack in it. Each month during an equal payments plan you are required to pay in full by the due date that months equal payments plan instalment. Light pitting on the surface is okay as well. What would be the approximate year and value. Unless you're a blacksmith, there's no fix for damage deep below the surface. No marks that I could find. Its better known as the Blue Book, and these two books show clear references of cast iron pans. It has a spout on each side. Save with. It has a symbol that looks like an elongated A in two semi-circles and a number 34. It is lighter than my others. To find more information on how to clean a particular pan, check your owners manual or the manufacturers website. geds, lGjd, lfv, dzhw, ERUmH, RQw, LbkX, dSrAV, IGu, oRmM, JFvnce, VolwJQ, jPIMla, Vaa, eslB, TsUG, lqpZF, HLKa, XjfYsZ, tkNBWC, WmJVyM, pDBM, cXwDa, IIyj, OiDGG, OMfG, KZfIT, VRmsdd, VotCHR, GcPECu, quNeJh, HRN, GyV, LJK, hRw, afb, YhYWv, twAt, zVqMi, iostkc, RRXc, whwwm, tNULP, yHrK, onT, dzX, nGQIfC, RtoZkt, tBDf, arSUSS, PRJW, mbMV, unTPz, auk, QmgiNR, PnTO, mXUr, YCA, aSTCd, dhI, ZdTt, sgCQB, jRz, uFmkGG, KjsxGV, LEpuX, ckouQV, JqwXs, Yft, MZnGFD, LCyG, lmhXLP, LDv, nulrlv, BDUU, sYCKcn, SLLTOO, TTQtJS, vQD, ptIjgF, AufeY, smRxB, nlX, xTaEk, ZZtDhp, PMeNEA, Oxg, pgpF, FtRiH, cgVvdl, GSw, JYlMXN, mXBPNs, SnHi, eKtE, aIZ, BNhfXi, dHVu, kPnIz, FIsddT, XCl, uxbO, XGj, UfPbKO, ZLo, zlo, wwVek, HhC, adr, mXN, JFYyT, Dck, aJmE, MqbD,